Pound Nine Wire “Kickstarts” Funding Campaign

Last week we had talked about the Pound Nine Wire Sits Quietly On Your Desk And Delivers The News You Want In Real-time, a tiny device that displays snippets of news in real time. You might remember that we mentioned their upcoming Kickstarter campaign that would help them mass produce their product and ship them to backers. Today they have begun their Kickstarter campaign that will continue until December 31st. They have a set a pledge goal of $40,000.

Pound Nine Wire3

The limited (200) early bird backing scheme will help you get your own Pound Nine Wire for as low as $59 which is much cheaper than the retail price of $119. If you miss out on that you have to shell out $99. There is also a proposition of a dual device offer for $188 which will earn you two Pound Nine Wires. The company estimates that it will be able to ship the devices to certain parts of the world by May 2016.

If you wish to fund them head over to their #-Link-Snipped-# and click on the embedded link below to know more.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Perfect device for us as we never get chance to dedicate special time for the news and if using Twitter it's flooded with so many tweets. This device is providing very nice filter of the category. Backed this project and booked one for our office use. 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Umm, I'm not very comfortable with a new device that displays news snippets. Why not install an app on the phone that shows the snippets right on the lock-screen?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Umm, I'm not very comfortable with a new device that displays news snippets. Why not install an app on the phone that shows the snippets right on the lock-screen?
    Using this device if you finds that yes I want to read more about this news then there is button you can press it and that will lead to full news coverage on your mobile.

Mobile phone may lead me to do something else as there will be other notifications also. While this device can just stay on your desk all the time and you can still keep working on your things.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Myntra is taking a U-turn from its 'app only' approach to online retail and is currently developing a mobile optimised website. The online fashion retail giant made a buzz on...
Just like thousands of engineers in India who struggle through the four years of their engineering because they opted for it for fulfilling their parent's wishes, Jitendra Vaswani joined Jaipur's...
Guys, I have been trying to design an electric/electronic circuit to allow remote controlling of an electrical device (say, a bulb) in addition to its existing switch (electrical switch). A...
Microsoft and Guide Dogs, a UK-based Charity for the blind and partially sighted, have collaborated to come up with an unique initiative called 'Cities Unlocked'. This project harnesses the new...
Sneakers have gotten quite a lot more expensive and high-tech in the last decade but their biggest makeover has happened very recently with ShiftWear. Yes, it’s an unheard brand as...