Possible fix for memory hungry Firefox 3?

I'm surprised no one started this topic on CE 馃榾 !

Right now, I'm on Windows Vista (32) [Business Edition] and running Firefox 3 (latest) and Google Chrome (latest). I've opened CrazyEngineers in both browsers.

The memory consumption by single instance of each browser is as follows:

1. Firefox : 66,320 k
2. Chrome (2 processes) : 18,140 K & 12,980 K

Both are open source browsers. Has anyone had a look at the code? Can anyone suggest possible fix for Firefox?

Replies

• cse_200509
    cse_200509
    The_Big_K
    I'm surprised no one started this topic on CE 馃榾 !

Right now, I'm on Windows Vista (32) [Business Edition] and running Firefox 3 (latest) and Google Chrome (latest). I've opened CrazyEngineers in both browsers.

The memory consumption by single instance of each browser is as follows:

1. Firefox : 66,320 k
    2. Chrome (2 processes) : 18,140 K & 12,980 K

Both are open source browsers. Has anyone had a look at the code? Can anyone suggest possible fix for Firefox?

you would be right but for me it is not true. i m using Fedora 10 and have chromium and firefox both.
    memory used is
    chromium: 37.1 & 27.4 MiB
    firefox: 33.8 MiB
    (1 MiB = 220 bytes = 1,048,576 bytes = 1,024 kibibytes)
    so i dont think thatyour perception is right.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    cse_200509
    you would be right but for me it is not true. i m using Fedora 10 and have chromium and firefox both.
    memory used is
    chromium: 37.1 & 27.4 MiB
    firefox: 33.8 MiB
    (1 MiB = 220 bytes = 1,048,576 bytes = 1,024 kibibytes)
    so i dont think thatyour perception is right.
    Please open #-Link-Snipped-# in both instances of browsers and post your stats. Do not have any other pages open in any of the browsers.

Well, I just presented the data produced by my (Win Vista Business) task manager. Can anyone provide us with stats on other OS+Browser combination?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to do a water engine as a project i hav no idea how to create it...can someone give me a valuable thread or informayion
Protection By Structural Design Terrorism is one of the most challenging battle faced by the International Countries.Buildings are being the main target of terrorists.so taking precautions has become necessary. 路...
Hi guys馃榾, I am Krithika(kirthi) doing my Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering in Government College of Technology Coimbatore. My hobbies include sports especially playing tennis and surfing the internet. I finished...
Hi, I'm doing my 2nd year Electronics and Instrumentation, please suggest some topics for a mini project.i need help.馃槙 Thanks in advance
Hello! My name is Muneer. I was wondering whether this concept of making a smart board would work(shown in image attached). The idea is to use two distance meters to...