Portable Start Menu

Project Abstract / Summary : Portable Start Menu is portable software solution allowing you to take your favorite software with you. A fully open source and free platform, it works on any portable storage device (USB flash drive, iPod, memory card, portable hard drive, etc). With a full collection of open source software (as well as freeware and commercial software).

• The Portable Start Menu Platform is required to run portable apps; its availability is to provide a more integrated experience.

• The Portable Start Menu is a full-featured portable software menu, Portable Start Menu lets you carry all your favorite apps on a portable device or cloud drive and use them on any PC.

• Now you can have your own browser with all your bookmarks and extensions, your full office suite, your photo editor, your whole music collection, your favorite games, your development tools and more. You can have everything you need for work and play with you on every PC you use. At work, at home, at school, visiting family and friends, even while travelling. And all your bookmarks, emails, personal files and settings stay right on your drive, too.

• “Every PC becomes your PC, All with one easy-to-use system, Just ATTACH it on your computer and you're ready to use.”

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Users who move to different environments want familiar software. We want easier migration to new system versions and to totally new environments. Developers want to spend more time on new development and less on redevelopment. More users for the same product mean lower software costs.
when we going any where for eg we will go cybercafe so may time ,when we use cybercafe pc there is mostly "office and web browse" software available .if we want to edit some picture then there is no photo editing software install so we cant edit picture .so here our portable start menu use for editing that picture our other document .

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technology
City: Mumbai
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : AUTOMATIC SPEED CONTROL IN AUTOMOBILES ABSTRACT Speed control is in the need of the hour due to the increased rate of accidents reported in our...
Microsoft is reportedly developing an app called People Sense that allows users to share their location and find other people around. Though there is no official announcement from Microsoft as...
how I import my database to wamp??
Project Abstract / Summary : The project aims at controlling a wheelchair by means of human voice. It enables a disabled person to move around independently, using a voice recognition...
I am just confused with the working of the printf statement that which one evaluate first because I have studied that comma separating the arguments acts like a separator and...