Popular Websites With Bad UI

Curious to know what are the websites that do not have a good UI (user interface); yet people use it because there is no alternative? I personally do not like the design of Quora, LinkedIn and Google Groups; yet I see that these websites are very popular. I don't like Amazon's UI either; but that website just works.

Perhaps - there are apps too; that haven't done a good job on the UI but the functionality makes people use it.

I'm also curious to know how much does UI matter in attracting repeat users?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Most Indian government websites would fit the bill if we looked at them a couple of years back. Thankfully, somebody behind the scenes is turning the right screws and making theses website more readable, clear to understand. Kudos to whoever that person is.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Indigo Airlines website, IMHO is one such website. I always find totally lost 👎
  • Mrugrajsinh Vansadia
    Mrugrajsinh Vansadia
    Website of Punjab National Bank. Unfortunately I have account in it and have to use it everytime 😉
  • barath rajamani
    barath rajamani
    ebay for that matter doesnt have much of UX to talk about.. but keeps it clean though

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lenovo has changed loyalties with its e-commerce partners Amazon India and tied up with Flipkart to launch its new smartphone, the Lenovo Vibe K5 Note in India. The Lenovo Vibe...
Yet another week and just like clockwork Intex has launched a new smartphone called the Aqua Strong 5.1. The Intex Aqua Strong 5.1 is your common smartphone with no extraordinary...
How can we design a screw which can be tightened only? I want to know about the design and model of it. The screw should not be loosened.
Two IIT Roorkee graduates, Rishabh Gupta and Kushal Bhagat started MyAdvo.in in September 2015. The idea behind the startup was born after Rishabh found that he was not alone in...
While you are mocked in India for not having an HD channel subscription for your HDTV, folks in Japan have headed to a resolution that is 16 times your precious...