Pointers in deduplicatipon

does pre-process deduplication worths now-a-day??

am doing my final project in this technology, kindly give some idea to proceed with it.

Replies

• kalaivani M
    kalaivani M
    in the technology named deduplication the reduntant data is denoted be pointers. wont this pointer occupy un-necessary space??

or

since the space occupied by the reduntant data is actually much more than pointer so that we are using for pointers here??

can anybody clarify me ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Google’s cofounders may have downplayed that they’re interested in turning the tech giant into a healthcare company. But their company sure hasn’t been acting that way lately. While Apple...
In my opinion, computers were mostly used for two main purposes: 'Entertainment' and 'Real Business'. Entertainment had everything - from games, movies, videos, photos to music et al. 'Real Business'...
i have read the services of os but just wanted to know when a process runs,what are the services related to it,for instance when i open my services dialoge,i saw...
.what is the difference between the memory in the phone and the memory in the computer,i.e. if how is memory made in mobile phones and how is it made in...
Which of the followings are equal things when there is only one CPU in a system. A)Multiprogramming and Multitasking B)Multiprocessing and Multiprogramming C)Multitasking and Multiprocessing D)None of these plz explain...