Please Pay Attention All Need Very urgent guidance..

As you all know i am final year student of computer engineering..
so doing academic project this year..
a company named e Luminous tech. in nasik gave us project topic to develop as they are sponsoring it.The project title is "Online Shopping Cart App".

We have finalised the topic ,submitted the letter to college that we are doing this project .
but as we are going through analysing whole project..
we are finding it too wast and complex..

so i just want to know from all of you is dis possible for me and my group members to complete this project till January. And this will b an android application
for online buyers and sellers..
it include inventory management,e-commerce,mobile computing,product listing etc.
waiting for response from all of you.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...all you need to do is build a basic shopping cart application that won't take more than a week to complete if you guys are good at coding. I'd rather advise you to talk to your guide and ask them to finalise the set of features your app would have. You need not have everything.

By the way, can you provide a list of features you are planning to include in your app? Also, what makes you think it's too vast and can't be done till January?
  • Danish Ahmed
    Danish Ahmed
    because company have gave us long list of features to add..they want real time working online shopping cart..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Danish Ahmed
    because company have gave us long list of features to add..they want real time working online shopping cart..
    That's what would help decide how big your app will be. Can you provide the list? At least, an overview of the main features?
  • Danish Ahmed
    Danish Ahmed
    merchant(add product,order list,monthly stat,edit profile of seller)
    super admin(merchant mgmnt,global order,stat,category mgmnt,product mgmnt,edit profile,user listing)
    user(register(login),order listing,change pwd,wish list etc)
    these are just basics...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's not just as big as it may sound. You only need to offer basic information in the app. If they want you to code everything - then you've got to estimate the time-frames accordingly. As I said; it's not impossible to do; but that totally depends upon your skills-set and prior experience of building an app.

One of the approach to cut-down confusion and estimate time-frame is to create the wireframes of your app and get them approved from the sponsoring company. I'm guessing your sponsoring company just wants to cut down the cost of development of the app and get all the work done from students.

Here's the approach you should take: -

1. Draw the wireframes for every screen your app will have. Distribute the work among yourselves and follow a common design protocol.

2. Figure out how the data will flow between screens and the server.

3. Fetching inventory from existing server using API or something (not sure how they plan to offer the inventory).

4. The back-end logic shouldn't be very difficult. But it'd always help to start with building a very limited functionality :

• Seller Registers -> Adds Product -> It's displayed on the front end.
    • Buyer looks for the product and then clicks on 'Buy' and completes the process.
    You should be good to go if you start with this basic functionality. You can then keep adding features as your sponsor wants.
  • Danish Ahmed
    Danish Ahmed
    and the payment section? ecommerce..?? will it be difficult to include it in project
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Danish Ahmed
    and the payment section? ecommerce..?? will it be difficult to include it in project
    Payments section should be easiest of all. All you need to do is sign up with a payment gateway provider and just use their API in your app. It's not very difficult, as I said.
  • Danish Ahmed
    Danish Ahmed
    ok. thank you for these guidance..and i am sure ill need more from u ...
  • Danish Ahmed
    Danish Ahmed
    just one more thing sir !
    We need to add compare feature in our app .#comparison of product..
    suppose m veiwing one product and i click on compare button to compare it with the similar product from different merchants so how can i fetch the similar products means on the basis of what the similar product will appear to get compared..any logic technique?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intex has unveiled yet another low-budget smartphone in its Aqua series with 3G Neo to bring the power of 3G connectivity along side the Android ecosystem. Priced at Rs. 3690,...
Hi all, I am a 2014 pass out. Did my BE in computer from GTU. Currently I am working as a developer (minigames in HTML5/JS). I just wanted to bring...
Why is 0! = 1 ?
I want to make Database Management project.please suggest me some topic👎
Please suggest some good books on Power System Optimization Tech specially on Particle Swarm Optimization technique