Please DO NOT take the ALS (Ice Bucket) Challenge - Have Some Common Sense

In no way I'm against raising funds for the ALS; but I simply don't understand the stupidity in wasting huge amounts of water just for the heck of it. If you really care about ALS, donate $100 to the guys and girls working on fighting ALS.

But for heaven's sake, stop wasting water! This picture says it all -

als-challenge
โ€‹

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Yeah I second your thought.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Now this challenge converted into who is getting more views on Youtube. ๐Ÿ˜ก
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Yeah I second your thought.
    #-Link-Snipped-# I third second first your thought. The Ice water bucket challenge is good but it wastes water. Instead, check this DESI #-Link-Snipped-#. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I totally agree with the fact that the concept is insane - No environmental cost taken into consideration by whoever started it. Nature's fury is something we want to keep ourself away from... but I have just one query - Without the craziness surrounding the idea of Ice Bucket Challenge - Would ALS/donation for it/awareness about it ever have gone so viral?

PS: I think we should have such crazy viral concepts for Planting Trees or Donating rice like Issue said above. Why don't these concepts go viral?
    Everybody from Bill Gates to Zuckerberg and Sonakshi Sinha to Charlie Sheen participated in less than 24 hours. Such FAST response time is the need of the hour on SO many problems in India.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Or else, do it at the beach with some chilled 'Ocean' water. Simple.โ˜• Akshay Kumar (the actor) did it likewise.๐Ÿ‘

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Or else, do it at the beach with some chilled 'Ocean' water. Simple.โ˜• Akshay Kumar (the actor) did it likewise.๐Ÿ‘

Sonakshi also did it with some cool idea ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Harshad Italiya
    Sonakshi also did it with some cool idea ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Here's what my senior did with the water...Good thing to do, right thing too! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜‰

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here is the best from Charlie Sheen

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# read this link--- #-Link-Snipped-#.๐Ÿ˜’
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# read this link--- #-Link-Snipped-#.๐Ÿ˜’
    I bet they should take up Yamuna water bucket challenge. ๐Ÿ˜
  • avii
    avii
    It may be pointless and wastage of water, but this meme has delivered something. Numbers show that donations on ALS skyrocketed after this went viral.

and considering the pic in OP, I can make argument that there are millions of Indians dying of hunger, then why spend money on ISRO/Mars missions.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    avii
    and considering the pic in OP, I can make argument that there are millions of Indians dying of hunger, then why spend money on ISRO/Mars missions.
    I agree that it's pure waste of money. Discussion: India's Mars Mission Is A Waste Of Money, Resources, Time & Talent - Agree / Disagree?
  • avii
    avii
    time to play devils advocate ๐Ÿ˜› but will participate in that thread later

now honestly answer me these two questions:
    1. Did you know about ALS before this?
    2. Have you donated money to ALS orgs before this?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I didnt. And I still do not know anything more than it being some deadly disease. All the attention has been taken up by people pouring water on their head.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How does the transistor work? P.S. :We are dealing with normal operation of the transistor for this expalnation 1. The process of applying dc voltages across different terminals of the...
The most popular gaming services including Sony PlayStation, Xbox Live, Battle.net, Grinding Gear Games and few others suffered cyber-attacks this Sunday and are now believed to be recovered from threats....
'Robo Brain', a collaborative project between two Indian-origin researchers, is a large-scale computational system that comprehends everything from publicly available Internet resources, in order to teach robots natural human behavior....
ISRO's ambitious Mars Orbiter took the leap of faith towards the red planet from Sriharikota, India on November 5, 2013. ISRO's confirmed that the journey so far has been as...
While most of the speed experiments are focused on ground and air; the Chinese engineers want to break speed records under water. The latest super high speed submarine prototyped by...