Pile foundations

now that we've discussed the different types of foundation, lets get to the pile foundation.

lets first understand the first part of a pile.

[​IMG]

load from the column gets transferred to the pile cap. the following picture shows a pile cap with the reinforcements.

[​IMG]

these pile caps can group one or more pile together. A pile cap is a thick concrete mat that rests on concrete piles that have been driven into soft or unstable ground to provide a suitable stable foundation.

the next picture shows how a group of piles may be attached.

[​IMG]

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    I just want to ask...when did the engineers started to use pile foundation???
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    I guess pile foundation was used from ancient time. Just that wood was used as the type of material for pile.
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    @ CP and anuraadha: Can you please add some information about pile???
    I'm really interested about it. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just found this website and really cool wherein civil CEans are challenge in building dams, domes, tunnels, bridges and skyscrapers. They give you some situation, chose materials...just like that...😀...
How to send an exe file as an attachment in emails?
Hej😉 , I m kind of in a big trouble. I'm studying mechanical - industrial engineering and at the time kind of doing my intern in the company that specializes...
​[FONT="]Air Ejectors (2 of 3)[/FONT] -An air ejector or steam ejector is a device which uses the motion of moving fluid (Motive Fluid) to transport another fluid (Suction fluid). It...
i need the problem for the water jet cutting technology. Doing the internship in company that specializes in cutting service and i need the issue/problem related with abrasive water jet...