Picked up wrong engineering discipline because of family and neighbours

I'm have lots of interest in development field and I'm passout of 2013 in stream EEE. Now i want to go for development after reading your post but the thing is whether should i go for, to make myself perfect in development field. Please let me know. I know myself and my potential, my interest and all the things about me. Please Sir let me know from where should i get all this knowledge of development.
I'm from rajasthan and i can go anywhere for this knowledge.
Thanks a lot.

Since 1999 I'm using computer from the age of 9 years. I usually spend my time in computer softwares and hardwares too. I'm very desperate and very dedicated person to do innovative in the field of computer software. The thing i want to know what's the best way to follow to make my dream come true. At the time of engineering that 4years was good but the thing happened with me was same as the happened in movie 3idiots family pressure and also not a strong decision from my side, At the time when i was in confusion that what stream should i opt, the IT job crisis was happened and all relatives, neighbour and family members forced me to select any branch except CS IT.

Now suggest me something good.!

I know i had typed the very first word I'm is worng in both the post.
sorry

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - This totally got skipped. I've created a new discussion for your post.

It's the sad reality of many engineers, especially from India that they've to rely on advice from totally clueless people - within the family and around. You should still follow the advice Aamir Khan gives in the movie.

I'll however ask you to think whether you are really interested in software and programming. You haven't told us whether you learnt any programming languages or developed software while you were studying engineering. If you didn't - you'll have a strong reason to doubt your affinity towards software development. Perhaps the lure of posh MNC office is why you're considering taking up software.

You haven't told us what exactly have you been doing all through, since you graduated. Have you been employed in the core industry? If yes, I'd ask you to take up software programming as a part-time hobby, develop mastery in domain of your choice (irrespective of job opportunities in that field) and start looking for jobs.

I hope this helps. If you could provide more information and ask specific questions; answering and suggestions will be more to the point. All the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a fresher . I have done DASDM course by CDAC. 3 months internship was there in plan. So as of now i have done my internship in an...
Hi Kaustubh, Its been almost 1.5 years since I have been working in an MNC. I have always been interested in learning new tech and doing some interesting stuff but...
Hello everyone, I need a very imp career advice.I have completed my be from extc in which I had no interest.honestly I didn't knew of my interest until I completed...
After graduating as a Civil Engineer from IIT Roorkee in the year 2010, Shubham Goyal started working in the O&M department at BHEL. After 3 years there, Shubham shifted jobs...
The idea of a fully customizable smartphone started when the Dutch designer Dave Hakkens introduced the concept of PhoneBlocks in 2013 to minimize e-waste and asked the world to support...