physical significance of power spectral density

What is the physical significance of power spectral density?

If it represents power content in a given frequency, then its integration over frequency must give the 'total' power of the signal and not the 'average' power of the signal.

Am I right when I say this?

Replies

• vishnu tej
    vishnu tej
    According to Nyquist rate, Carrier frequency must be greater than or equal to twice the message signal frequency.
    A one-sided PSD contains the total power of the signal in the frequency interval from DC to half of the Nyquist rate. A two-sided PSD contains the total power in the frequency interval from DC to the Nyquist rate.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i got 14 in phase 1 and phase 2 in total...if i score more than 26 in theory..will i get passsed?
Hi I would like to Know which BE Engineering Degrees are Valued these days and can find a Job easily after completing. Your Valuable comments on this please.
Google is likely to put 'Buy' buttons next to the relevant listings in the search results, reports WSJ. While this may not look like a big deal to many; the...
Although homegrown brands XOLO and Spice Mobiles have been a bit slow to catch up to the trend, these companies are now here to up the game in the Chromebook...
I was thinking that if i can able to transfer the stored electric power using a wire than why can't we use internet to transfer the stored power ?