PHP: Method Names Starting With _ (underscore)

I'm wondering if the convention that the methods that are declared private or protected are required to start with _ aka underscore. Is there any standard naming convention that sets the rules for private and protected functions?

I was looking at Zend documentation and they clearly mention that the private / protected functions or methods should start with an underscore.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    no as such there is no such convention in core php, however when you work on certain framework there are some conventions that must follow

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The researchers at the University of Maryland (UMD) and Temple University have discovered a new class of magnets called ‘non-Joulian magnets’. The unique property of this kind of magnets is...
The weekend is here, which means most of you would like to escape the heat in city and live in the arms of Mother Nature. If camping or nature resorts...
hello! i am a 4th year electronics and instrumentation student. i m interested to do a course in PLC/SCADA. could you pls suggest me the names of good institutes that...
ETI Dynamics has launched a new solar electric hybrid scooter in India. The scooter, priced at Rs. 50,000 is a sure-shot head turner with a canopy of bendable solar panels...
The popularity of fitness band seems to be growing all over the world. I was wondering if the fitness bands are actually useful and want to know about first hand...