PHP Developer & Future?

hello CEans..
after a long struggles got a small job in a new company as a php developer.

some what happy in mind and ready to join in job.

suddenly one day my friends uncle asked me what are you doing?? i said recently got selected as a php developer in "some " company.he said php don't have better feature. don't waste you time.just try jobs in another domain.

again started a confusion in mind..

my dear CEans..

help me???

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    php is considered to be limited to only web applications websites#-Link-Snipped-# thing but if you have strong interest in web then php is just starting.
    You have vast scope of learning jQuery, Ajax and HTML5, Json to web services. There is so much to learn and make a very successful career.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You should have asked your uncle why he thinks that PHP has no future. I'm always surprised when people authoritatively predict the future and advice based on their own assumptions.

Given the widespread adaption of PHP, I'd expect it to last for at a long time in future. Plus, you are essentially a 'programmer' and the language is just a tool. The main focus for any programmer has to be the 'logic implementation' which can make him/her get proficiency in any language quickly, when required.

PHP is one of the basic languages to learn if you're making a career in web development.
  • varshiva
    varshiva
    thank you ianoop and bigk.for your valuable suggestions.right now i am 2012 BTCH(cse) pass out student.do i have any chance to make it experience for java programmer after one year or two.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    varshiva
    thank you ianoop and bigk.for your valuable suggestions.right now i am 2012 BTCH(cse) pass out student.do i have any chance to make it experience for java programmer after one year or two.
    My suggestion is : don't leave this job, unless you find a better one. As ianoop said, PHP is just starting, and u should stick to this if u like web programming,but if u really want to work as Java developer, well then there is a risk that you would have to take and the decision should be fully yours .
    Good Luck!!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My perspective is little bit different.Basically, I will never understand this "demand" stuff.

You won't believe me brother, but a person knowing just C (but very very deep) can earn & can have much more demand in market comparing to people who knows 5 to 7 different languages(none of 'em is mastered).

Yeah, I mean C only.. No C++ nor Objective-C. just simple C !

What's the use of learning "basics" of 10 languages & mastering none ?
    I would rather prefer "mastering" one & ignoring other.

varshiva
    do i have any chance to make it experience for java programmer after one year or two.
    This is statistics of 2012 : The Top Languages of 2012

After 2014/2015 you might see, Python, & Bash in top ten so will you again listen to some friend's uncle & change your goal & start python scripting ?

But again whatever we or anyone advises you - listen to your heart, your heart somehow knows what you "really" want.

Don't listen to us - Listen to your heart.
    Good luck ๐Ÿ‘
  • varshiva
    varshiva
    thank you rahul and troll_so_hard.
    first i need job.this is my final decision.

once again thank you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Any kind of learning won't go to waste. When you become proficient in one computer language, it becomes very easy to grasp other languages.
    Choose a technology and start coding. You won't regret.

And PHP, my friend, has the brightest future. ๐Ÿ‘
  • varshiva
    varshiva
    finally joined in office.

thank you ceans for your suggestions and now i am working as a trainee .

do we have any tutorial like simply coder for php&java script and j query....!

please if anybody is able to spend their time to explain concepts in php.
    please explain .
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    Learning computer languages like PHP is never waste of time at all and no one can ask their learner have no future. Also try to best what you have.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Well there are ample of resources on net for newbies and pros alike.
    PHP: PHP Manual - Manual

Once you are reasonably comfortable with PHP, try using some framework like Joomla/Drupal/Wordpress.

Try hands on some bulletin boards and then you would know your way out.
    One thing which I notice is that, anyone can write code in any language but very few can write good, robust and clean code.

Dont really focus on php,js and jQuery, focus more on OOP,Design Patterns, UML and things which forms structure (architecture) or the program. Read Good Code,Practices. try to improve coding habits, document your code and this is endless list.

For rest you have google.
  • Amol Palhade
    Amol Palhade
    @#-Link-Snipped-# howz ur job going now ???? even i am in a same situation like u ...i got a job in PHP but other are telling me not to join and all....so what is personal opinion
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Amol Palhade
    @#-Link-Snipped-# howz ur job going now ???? even i am in a same situation like u ...i got a job in PHP but other are telling me not to join and all....so what is personal opinion
    Don't worry dude, let me give you a short example of my case

I had started my career with 5k in Delhi and but this year roughly after 2 years I am gonna pay tax of 2 lakh ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›

and all this is just because of PHP , which "others are saying have no scope"

Just do whatever you are doing with full passion
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Well proficient programmers are always in demand - irrespective of technology. e.g. we have immediate requirement for Javascript developers!!!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Manish Goyal
    and all this is just because of PHP , which "others are saying have no scope"
    This is quite strange! Do we really have a better alternative for PHP?
    Please enlighten me.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Ankita Katdare
    This is quite strange! Do we really have a better alternative for PHP?
    Please enlighten me.
    Sorry, I didn't get you, what is the relation between the line you quoted and your question?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Sorry for not being able to put it correctly.
    I mean't why do people think PHP has no scope.
    The number of things that are developed in PHP are only increasing. What alternative do they have that makes them think PHP is now old. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think most people fail to realise that if you choose to go into jobs - 99% of you won't be coding in just one technology / tool / language. That means, if you opt for PHP now, you won't work in PHP all your life. It's likely that you'll have to keep updating yourself with various programming languages.

Most of the people will shift into management mode.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Ankita Katdare
    Sorry for not being able to put it correctly.
    I mean't why do people think PHP has no scope.
    The number of things that are developed in PHP are only increasing. What alternative do they have that makes them think PHP is now old. ๐Ÿ˜€
    as we say in Hindi "BHEDCHAL" People are just following each other blindly, if one is saying I am doing Java, then other one will also do Java, they don't know what is java but only knows java will get them job ๐Ÿ˜›, funny but true.

I believe if you are doing something then you must have some genuine reason to do it and some deep interest.
  • Shorabh Kumar K Gupta
    Shorabh Kumar K Gupta
    Manish agree with you. But most of people believe PHP is popular only india and PHP project cost is cheap.
    Very few MNC company use PHP . That is a reason most of people not recommend PHP.

I am Magento developer.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shorabh Kumar K Gupta
    Very few MNC company use PHP . That is a reason most of people not recommend PHP
    That's because most of the 'outsourced' work is in Java/.Net and testing. A lot of 'product' companies emerging out of India are relying on PHP (and Ruby etc.).
  • amarbhanu
    amarbhanu
    I think php/zend and other frameworks help to big data process in future web web development, php support to REST feature so communicate more web application to each other so php future is good.
  • amarbhanu
    amarbhanu
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think most people fail to realise that if you choose to go into jobs - 99% of you won't be coding in just one technology / tool / language. That means, if you opt for PHP now, you won't work in PHP all your life. It's likely that you'll have to keep updating yourself with various programming languages.

Most of the people will shift into management mode.
    Here not matter to we shift into management mode, matter is future in php that means it is ture that if you work on php then you also work with other language or script language for web application demand. this time php have more free open source application available for small project and php has now shift to middle size of product development.
  • swetha rani
    swetha rani
    hello Varshiva
    please help me m facing the same situation now plzz give solution ..got job in small company as a php develpoer share me your expeerience is it worth
  • saish naik
    saish naik
    which programming certifications will help to get good job+ good salary
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    saish naik
    which programming certifications will help to get good job+ good salary
    Certifications alone won't help. If you are totally clueless, start with Java certification and make yourself awesome in Java. That should improve your chances of getting a good job and good salary.
  • Jai Soni
    Jai Soni
    Yea php have a wide future.. if you know the php well and your logics about the codes and loops and conditions are good then noone can stop you.. you can do whatever you want. you can join a nice company and work there and after that when u feel bore with php then come in professional php as a frameworks like codeigniter, cake php Yii... and alot have... you will enjoy with work alot.. if you really interesting in code.. then if your boss says for work 8 hours you will work for 10 hours..
  • gajendra sahu
    gajendra sahu
    Hello, Sir I am Gajendra Sahu, i am learning php and other tools jquery, joomla, SEO, Angular Js, Node Js but friend tell me there is not future scope in php why you are learning...then i got confused..please tell me what a should to do for better future..
  • kondareddy macherla
    kondareddy macherla
    Hi,
    I am a 2014 mca passout. I'm trained on oracle, etl informatica tool. Now i want to change the technology will moved to PHP is it better for career growth in future?
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Hello manish
    Last few months I was working in small company as php developer (codeigniter framework)right now getting 10 k,,, today I met one old friend he said plz switch over to some other company otherwise u will never get high package
    ..I am so confused,, if I stay in php mean what should I improve my self
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Hello manish
    Last few months I was working in php platform (codeigniter frame work) I m getting less then 15 k package. Today I met one old friend he said u must switch over ur platform otherwise you will never get high package in future, I m really disappointed with his words.can u give me some words.if i stay in same platform what are all things to learn for my career..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yukkendar
    Today I met one old friend he said u must switch over ur platform otherwise you will never get high package in future, I m really disappointed with his words
    I really wonder whether we should really have so much of influence of our uninformed friends over our lives. Since when did codeigniter or any framework began deciding salaries?

Use common sense.

Let's say you switch over to Zend and you get 20k/pm package. Your friend then tells you that you should switch to CakePHP because it offers more salary. What will you do?

Stick to the basics!

It's the PHP knowledge that matters more over the framework. What's stopping you from exploring all the popular frameworks while you develop your mastery over one? Have you searched on Naukri or Monster for how many companies are hiring experienced professionals for CodeIgniter?

For your information, the salary is determined by your skills, experience and the company that is hiring you.
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really wonder whether we should really have so much of influence of our uninformed friends over our lives. Since when did codeigniter or any framework began deciding salaries?

Use common sense.

Let's say you switch over to Zend and you get 20k/pm package. Your friend then tells you that you should switch to CakePHP because it offers more salary. What will you do?

Stick to the basics!

It's the PHP knowledge that matters more over the framework. What's stopping you from exploring all the popular frameworks while you develop your mastery over one? Have you searched on Naukri or Monster for how many companies are hiring experienced professionals for CodeIgniter?

For your information, the salary is determined by your skills, experience and the company that is hiring you.
    Thank you for your kind reply.I didn't search job in naukri.can you say how to upgrade my self in php.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yukkendar
    Thank you for your kind reply.I didn't search job in naukri.can you say how to upgrade my self in php.
    Are you absolutely sure that you didn't find any codeigniter jobs on Naukri? How do yoi think you can develop your PHP skills?
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you absolutely sure that you didn't find any codeigniter jobs on Naukri? How do yoi think you can develop your PHP skills?
    No no,, not try to find it bczs waiting for two years experience.if we need to survey in php want to learn node js , angular js or any other js
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    It's not true, there are many companies offering more than 50 k / month in Noida, Gurgaon to PHP developers but if and only if you have enough skills

Learning $var = 1; won't give you high package, you must explore other area of PHP and must have strong hand on OOPS and MVC architecture.

Start exploring any framework based on PHP such as CakePHP, Codeignitor

Here Basic HTML, CSS knowledge and workable knowledge of jQuery,will also give you extra edge

If you know angularjs, backbonejs then it will also be an advantage, so ignore your friends advice and stick with what you are doing right now. talk to your manager to give you opportunity to work on CRM, MVC related projects based on PHP.
  • Yukkendar
    Yukkendar
    Manish Goyal
    It's not true, there are many companies offering more than 50 k / month in Noida, Gurgaon to PHP developers but if and only if you have enough skills

Learning $var = 1; won't give you high package, you must explore other area of PHP and must have strong hand on OOPS and MVC architecture.

Start exploring any framework based on PHP such as CakePHP, Codeignitor

Here Basic HTML, CSS knowledge and workable knowledge of jQuery,will also give you extra edge

If you know angularjs, backbonejs then it will also be an advantage, so ignore your friends advice and stick with what you are doing right now. talk to your manager to give you opportunity to work on CRM, MVC related projects based on PHP.
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-#
  • manoj_ime
    manoj_ime
    PHP is a language of poor people. PHP means (Poor Hungry People).
    There is no scope for PHP. If somebody has below 40% marks and very poor communication and technical skills then he can choose PHP.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    manoj_ime
    There is no scope for PHP. If somebody has below 40% marks and very poor communication and technical skills then he can choose PHP.
    Come on man, show some respect to others work, what kind of words are you using? Poor Hungry People seriously???? Facebook was developed using PHP and I don't think a harvard university student was too much poor that he preferred PHP

Infact Google was originally written in PHP
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    manoj_ime
    What programming language is for the toppers?
  • manoj_ime
    manoj_ime
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What programming language is for the toppers?
    Toppers don't code, they make people code. ๐Ÿ˜€ On the other hand good/challenging prog. langs in my opinion include Java, Python, C etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    manoj_ime
    Toppers don't code, they make people code. ๐Ÿ˜€ On the other hand good/challenging prog. langs in my opinion include Java, Python, C etc.
    โ˜•

To each his own.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    manoj_ime
    Hey! You forgot assembly, genius!
    Selection of language depends on what you're developing. Try developing your website with assembly and linux kernel in Java and tell me how you feel. It's not about which language is challenging, it's about selecting the correct language for your project.

PS : I am not PHP developer, I am pure C,C++, Vala & Bash guy.

BTW! I think Windows users are peasants! Oh well!
  • manoj_ime
    manoj_ime
    Abhishek Rawal
    Hey! You forgot assembly, genius!
    Selection of language depends on what you're developing. Try developing your website with assembly and linux kernel in Java and tell me how you feel. It's not about which language is challenging, it's about selecting the correct language for your project.

PS : I am not PHP developer, I am pure C,C++, Vala & Bash guy.

BTW! I think Windows users are peasants! Oh well!
    I completely agreed that the selection of language depends on the project. But PHP is not good for some security and speed purpose.
    Just compare Nodejs with PHP on google and you will get the answer. It is 15 times faster than PHP.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    manoj_ime
    I completely agreed that the selection of language depends on the project. But PHP is not good for some security and speed purpose.
    What kind of security and speed issues have you experienced with PHP?
  • Manish_1992
    Manish_1992
    If you start's your carrier with PHP its not bad, i am a PHP framework Developer start my carrier with 7 K in September 2013 my current CTC 3.6 Lac and i think its good in jaipur location.
  • Aksh25
    Aksh25
    hello sir,
    Since 1 year I am working as Research Associate by the time I also got opportunity for testing but it was an user level testing, So can this experience of testing will b considered if I am going for software testing job and if not then please suggest what I should do..
  • Jai Prakash Baloda
    Jai Prakash Baloda
    sir i am so much confused about to my carrer . which language to choose for my carrer like java, .net, php or anyother bcoz m fresher from these language . sp plz tell m which one is best for better carrer oriented programming language to learn i am ????
  • Webespire
    Webespire
    All programming lang is best, not matter PHP/JAVA/.Net/Mobile Application programming. Main things what's your learning exposure and logic, you need to become talent every aspect and understand what's you give/write input/programs and what's output you are looking from computer. Computer is a machine, if you write wrong program then computer show you error and give you wrong results. If you write right program and computer give you perfect results. I was a PHP programmer and do 7 years programming job after that today I have a Offshore Web Design Company- Mobile Apps Development | Offshore Web Design India and we have 24 teams in our company.

So never think PHP/MySQL don't best for start programming career.
  • ExcelPTP
    ExcelPTP
    Don't leave your job.PHP is a website specific language than others but it can give you a strong platform for your career. PHP has widely used server side scripting language now. Facebook is also built in PHP.
    In short, It can give you better future in web development. Here Must require good learning skill because without it you can't perform well.
    You have to update daily yourself for the growth.
    We provide PHP training for the students and also for those people who want to learn this language.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am narendra obulasetty and i completed my b-tech in the stream of ece in 2012. my native place is hyderabad in andrapradesh,india
i got a seat in pg-dac cdac mumbai so any one sugest me it is good for placements
This is pretty obvious. Check the link : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...s-that-depict-country-as-terrorist-haven.html I don't blame Pak for this : Would stores of US sell the game showing the BAMF Jihadis blasting up the...
This is the official thread for all the latest updates on Off-Campus Jobs Openings available in India and other Countries for the year 2013.
Hello fellows I was recently controlling CNC machine using Arduino Mega ADK controller...I done the control of all 3-axis by writing a simple code on arduino as shown below, So...