Philips Xenium X2566 Phone Designed For Senior Citizens Arrives At Rs. 3,800 In India

Philips India has brought a special treat for senior citizens in India by launching an all new smartphone designed specially for the elderly. Called the Philips Xenium X2566, the new phone's most striking features include large buttons and big fonts that make reading messages on the phone and dialing phone numbers super easy. We believe this is a great feature for senior citizens as we have witnessed our grannies and grandpas fiddling with the complicated functionality of smartphones when using it for the first time. The candy bar phone comes in blue color with a 2.4 inch 320 x 240 pixel resolution TFT display. Let's take a look at the complete specifications list for the all new Philips Xenium X2566 phone and find out how it fairs for the price it is offered at.

The smartphone makes room for two SIM cards and a 16 GB microSD card. A 1630 mAh battery powers up the Xenium X2566 phone and offers up to 1128 hours of standby time and up to 24 hours of talk time. Another interesting feature of the phone is that of a magnifying glass. If the big fonts are not enough and your old man has a habit of using the magnifying glass for reading the daily newspaper, the Xenium X2566 smartphone lets you blow up the text of any reading material by hovering the display screen of your phone over it.

Philips-Xenium-X2566-1
A high volume speaker amplifies the sounds to louder than normal so that those with an hearing impairment don't miss out on a voice message. Users can also turn their Philips phone into a handy compact flashlight even when the phone is turned off, just by hitting the dedicated switch. Another simple button lets you eliminate the usual multiple steps required to lock and unlock this handset. Moreover, as you can see from the image above, the keypad on the phone comes in English/Hindi input modes - a great advantage for the non-English speaking thousands in India. Apart from these specs, the connectivity features of the phone include Bluetooth 2.1 and a mini USB connector.

That said, we find the phone's price in India at Rs. 3,288 justified and find that the phone's launch this Diwali season could attract a lot of prospective buyers. What are your thoughts? Share with us in comments below.

Source: Xenium Xenium CTX2566BU/94 | Philips

Replies

• Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    I wish there is a QWERTY phone with this features. One of the challenges I faced while teaching a senior citizen to use a phone is that it is difficult for some of them to grasp the T9 keyboard . A simple phone with QWERTY phone would be a great communication tool for them. Add GPRS, come built-in basic chat clients like WhatsApp or a few *.chat, college kids too will grab this phone.

Otherwise I am impressed by the phone, for the purpose it built.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    If i am about to buy a phone for my grandparents, this would definitely top my list.Awesome design which is ergonomic and easy to operate
  • Chaitanya Kukde
    Chaitanya Kukde
    Pretty neat.. But I am not sure about the need for a 16 Gig microSD card.
  • Agha Abdul Rahman
    Agha Abdul Rahman
    Things are changing in india now specially in IT department.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Looks more promising in cheating the security guard of any No mobile phone IT Companies 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember Trakdot, the battery powered luggage tracker that made sure that your luggage remained safe wherever you flew across the world? A couple of guys from New York, USA have...
First of all, I would like to say that this model is NOT a perpetual motion. It will stop eventually. What I want to say here is that the output...
What is more important for an engineer mathematics or physics ?
Good news for wannabe entrepreneurs. The Modi Government has rolled up sleeves to bring down the typical registration time of about 27 days to just 1 day. The initiative to...
PosterGuy is a printing company founded by Puneet Gupta and Praneet Singh Sahai in the year 2014. PosterGuy is based in New Delhi, India. Puneet completed Civil Engineering from Indian...