Phi-Pal: New Wearable Activity Monitor By SaPHIBeat And Bosch Sensortec

While going on adventurous outdoor sport activities, we cannot rule out the possibility of some mishap. Immediate help is of prime importance at such instances. However, in case the victim of mishap is unconsious, he may not be able to send a distress signal for expedited help. In order to detect and thus prevent such major incidents, SaPHIBeat Technologies Inc., a Silicon Valley based startup Corporation, and Bosch Sensortec have announced a wearable safety gadget called Phi-Pal device. SaPHIBeat Technologies Inc. will showcase the device at Consumer Electronics Show (CES), one of the most prominent international technology trade shows that will be held from 6 to 9 January, 2015 in Las Vegas. A live demo of the Phi-Pal device will be performed at the event on January 8th.

Phi Pal

This new wearable activity monitor is developed by engineers of SaPHIBeat by using Bosch Sensortec’s MEMS sensors and utilizes sport-specific, patent pending Accident Detection algorithm. It is designed in such a way that it will not only operate as a device for help at the time of accidents but also will provide crucial data log that will be useful for scrutinizing and enhancing the performance in case of professional sportspersons. Phi-Pal will automatically send information regarding the time, place, and other necessary data of the incident to the predefined rescue team in a particular area or first responder via cell or satellite.

SaPHIBeat engineers have used Bosch’s motion sensors, magnetometer and barometric pressure sensors that will provide extremely accurate monitoring data to the algorithm. Owing to the advanced technology used, this ingenious gizmo provides precise accuracy and performance without consuming much battery power. Bosch’s technology makes sure that the devices works by utilizing less power as it is one of the important features, to make sure that your activity monitor doesn't switch off at the time of crisis. Phi-Pal will be very useful for outdoor sports lovers. All you need to do is to attach this innovative device to your helmet, after that you are ready to go.

What are your thoughts about this new Phi-Pal device? Share with us in comments section below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CDAC has announced the results of the exam C-CAT conducted on 7th and 14th December. The authorities had confirmed that the results of the exam will be announced on 24th...
Everyone has love and hate relationship with Whatsapp, so do I. I love how WhatsApp helps connect to your relatives and totally hate how it fucks up your brain too...
Hello guys... I was eagerly looking for forum like this, finally I got this. I am very happy and I hope I'll utilize the forum in right way.
So there's technical information that every engineer learns as a part of their curriculum or have found out when they are reading books just out of curiosity. Wondering if electrical...