Phase loss indication

Hello Engineers,
I want to indicate the loss of phases in three phase supply through LEDs. How to do that?

Kindly suggest solution on this.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Munguti
    Munguti
    You question isn't clear.
    When you say display through LED do you means that you are using an LED powerd display more like the lcd display in digital hand watches?
    Please be clear.
  • Er_Mahendran
    Er_Mahendran
    Sorry. My question is how to connect LED in three phase supply (415Vac) to indicate that the particular phase is failed. (i.e not lighting the LED for failed phase)
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Simple !!

Step-down, rectify and filter each of the phases separately into 3 DC voltages which power 3 different LEDs. When any of the phases fail, the corresponding LED switches off.

-Karthik
  • Er_Mahendran
    Er_Mahendran
    Hello,
    Sorry. My requirement is without step down and rectification, I want to connect LEDs in 3 phase 3 wire to know the phase failure. How to do that?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Here is an image illustrating #-Link-Snipped-#'s idea. Remember you van use either a proper 3 phase transformer or you can use a CT, both are same, the 3 phase t/r just gives you more control. 😀

[​IMG]
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    very good illustration!!!

I DIDN'T GET THE IDEA FIRST BUT THE DIAGRAM WAS ENOUGH TO HELP ME

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MATE!!!!
  • reachrkata
    reachrkata
    There is no way LEDs will directly work with normal AC. You do need to step it down either by a transformer or by using a resistor potential divider to bring down the voltage to manageable levels.

-Karthik

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I very well understand that this is a public forum and is not restricted up to INDIAN members only: Still for public benefits I am posting this thread (I am...
hello all, i completed my BE from VNSGU, Surat in 2007. I've worked as lecturer in VIT, Valia, Bharuch and Nirma University, A'bad. I've also worked as RF engineer at...
Hi, i'm a 4th class electronics student and i'm mostly related with embedded systems. i love to process images and videos. I've worked on rabbitcore embedded systems Gumstix Pic microprocessors...
Note: As of 2009-07-16 15:00 nobody offered yet a turn key solution to my question, so please go ahead and contact me if you can resolve the question /project. Foreword...
hi...... Is there any way to lock my folders without using any external software? If possible anyone please tell me....... Thank You..............