Perplexing Polyhedron

Can you picture a solid pyramid consisting of a square base and four equilateral triangles, alongside a solid tetrahedron with four faces identical to those of the pyramid's triangles? Now glue one triangle face of the pyramid to a triangle on the tetrahedron. How many faces does the resultant polyhedron have? It's not seven! (One of Martin Gardner's puzzles)

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Mobile 10X is the latest initiative by the Internet And Mobile Association Of India (IAMAI); that aims to make India a global superpower in mobile app development. The main aim...
The mid-range smartphone market in India has got a worthy addition in form of the Intex Aqua Ace. The Intex Aqua Ace offers all the things you want from a...
As companies across the world become more and more interested in connecting their employees with cloud-based collaboration technologies, India isn't lagging behind and has recently launched 3 data centres in...
Since its establishment back in 1962, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has come a long way to establish itself as a world leader in space exploration. With all its...
Is there any way to get rid of the confirmation dialog that appears every time I turn off my mobile data connection? I am aware that it's actually nice; but...