PDF reader with dictionary and cloud storage

I want to develop a pdf reader,which shows the meaning of a particular word when we tap on it while reading it.It should have a dictionary database.It should also store the books user reads in cloud.How can I implement it?Languages to be used?Tools?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhijit Morye
    I want to develop a pdf reader,which shows the meaning of a particular word when we tap on it while reading it.It should have a dictionary database.It should also store the books user reads in cloud.How can I implement it?Languages to be used?Tools?
    Which language(s) are your proficient in? I'd recommend creating a web based PDF reader over a desktop client.

You should be able to hook into existing dictionaries through APIs (not sure if there are any dictionaries that offer free API).
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    As far as programming language is concerned, explore php and java script to find ways to develop a web-based dictionary system.

Once that is done, you have sufficient GUI based APIs to help you out with your project.

good luck....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As it turns out a lot of students have a lot of queries about the CDAC Bank Loan Letter. From the information that I have gathered, loan can be taken...
Xiaomi, one of the biggest gadget brand of the world, along with Li-Ning the Chinese athletic shoes and sporting goods maker have together announced the launch of Smart Shoes that...
OnePlus 2 launch is nearing and the company is busy creating a buzz around their new flagship killer with teasers for the new features, hardware and software. I'm however wondering...
A friend asked me to start a discussion about this topic. Anyone here knows which are the top MCA colleges in India where the placement rate is high? I have...
i am working as dba in noida. i got seat in cdac pg-dbda first round. i m getting salary 23k now. Is it right to join cdac now. Is there...