pd.id: A Lighter-Sized Gadget That Checks For Drugs In Your Drink

Time and again we hear news about date rape drugs wrecking havoc in people’s lives. The most troubling thing about these drugs is that they can be slipped into drinks undetected and you won’t know about it until it is too late. A few concerned Canadians took this persisting problem very seriously and came up with pd.id or Personal Drink ID. pd.id is a lighter-sized gadget that can be dipped into drinks to detect traces of date rape drugs like rohypnol, ketamine and benzodiazepines. pd.id collects a tiny sample of the drink into its reservoir and measures its density, resistance and temperature to check for drugs. If it finds traces of any of the aforementioned drugs it lights up the red LED to warn the drinker. Even though pd.id can be used solo, it can also be paired up with any Android or iOS smartphone. Once it is paired with a smartphone it can send alerts and in some cases tell you the drug that has been used to spike the drink.

pd.id
Image Courtesy: #-Link-Snipped-#​

The makers of pd.id claim that they have taken the technology that is being used by the US Drug Enforcement Administration and have shrunk it down in an affordable and user friendly package. The best thing about pd.id is unlike most drug detection methods which are a onetime deal it can be used for up to 40 times before its inbuilt lithium ion battery needs a recharge. Since they have already finalised the design they are currently seeking funding on Indiegogo to mass produce their product. Once they raise $100,000 they will sell a unit of pd.id for $75 (4,520 INR). The firm has set April 2015 as the estimated shipping date. To know more about the product you can watch the video embedded below and head over to the following source links.

Source: Empower yourself against date rape drugs with pdid | Indiegogo via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all!!! This is Rajesh, I have completed my B.E(CSE) in 2014 with 61%.. and attended many OFF-campus placements, But would'nt make it happen... I was much depressed about my...
Pretty much bored with Windows & iOS ? (Well Android is not boring at all, so I will deduct its names) Here arrives Jolla Sailfish Phone in India. Jolla has...
So since most of devs chooses deodexed ROM as offerings, I would like to know which one do you prefer ? And why ? Let's discuss/debate the pros & cons...
Some formulas 1. Einstein’s Relationship: Dp/ µp =Dn/ µn = constant= VT 2. VT = kT/q,= ǩT where k= Boltzmann constant in J/°K= 1.38 * 10-23 J/°K Or ǩ= 8.625*...
Numericals 1. Determine the concentration of electrons and holes in a sample for germanium at 300°K in which concentration of donor atoms is 2*10(14) [raise to power 14] atoms/cm(3) and...