PayPal India Receiving Limit Increased To $10,000 Per Transaction!

Looks like PayPal India & RBI have finally resolved all the issues between them. All the PayPal users in India are receiving the following email (see below). The email highlights that the users of PayPal based in India can now receive payments up to Rs. $10,000 (= Rs. 592400.00, by today's exchange rate) in a single transaction. The earlier limit was $3000 per transaction. One important thing to note is that these payments must be 'export' related. Which means you cannot still use PayPal for transactions within India, something the Indian sellers have been demanding for a really long time now. The content of the mail is as follows -

paypalindia

Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that PayPal merchants in India can now receive up to USD 10,000 per transaction for export-related payments for goods and services, effective immediately.

With the increased transaction limit, you can:

•Accept credit and debit card payments anytime, anywhere on your website, mobile, eBay listing, or simply by sending an invoice.

•Increase your global presence by selling to over 132 million active PayPal users in 193 markets around the world, accepting payments in up to 25 currencies.

•Leverage on our industry-leading fraud prevention and risk management systems to keep your business secure and minimize losses.

To receive export-related payments, merchants must confirm their email address, and add a Permanent Account Number (PAN), Purpose Code and local bank account to their PayPal Account. If you have any queries, please log in to your PayPal Account and click on the ‘Contact Us’ button.

We look forward to continuing to support your export business through our global online payment platform.

Happy selling!

Sincerely,
The PayPal Team

We'd like to know all the Indian PayPal users their views on the update? Do you think PayPal should remove the domestic limitations on the transactions?

Replies

• Wrath
    Wrath
    Main drawback in this paypal is a Indian cannot send money to another Indian.
    I think this thing should be removed so that it can used by many people in our country.
    If this is removed there will be a great number of transactions every day which can help many bloggers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wrath
    Main drawback in this paypal is a Indian cannot send money to another Indian.
    I think this thing should be removed so that it can used by many people in our country.
    If this is removed there will be a great number of transactions every day which can help many bloggers.
    Agreed. I think that will open up room for payment gateways to simplify their services. PayPal used to allow local payments until RBI figured out that PayPal is actually acting like a local bank independent of the central bank (RBI). They therefore stopped domestic payments through PayPal.

I hope they'll figure out a solution some day.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Paypal also doesnt support all bank accounts or all types of cards. the cards which are marked with "Electronic Use Only" like ATM Cum Debits issued mainly to normal accounts (savings) cannot be used with paypal. You need a Credit Card which is nowadays less in number.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Texas Instruments Innovation Challenge 2013-2014 is open for all engineering students in India. The contest aims at promoting IC based system design among student community in India. This year's...
It's an open secret that Apple's engineers are working on producing a cheaper, more affordable version of the iPhone. But now the mystery over the naming of the phone is...
Finally, Amazon has launched two new India edge locations in Chennai & Mumbai to cater to the CloudFront and Route 53 web services, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS) suite....
can someone please help me out for measuring the coefficient of thermal expansion of a material practically?
can someone suggest me a book which i can enjoy the subject of strength of materils?