PayPal Here Reader For Windows Announced; Compatible With Surface Pro 3

One of the largest internet payment companies, PayPal, is also well known for providing point-of-sale (POS) solutions for small businesses. Three years ago, the company launched PayPal Here mobile payment system that consists of a free mobile app and a small card-reader that is used by plugging it into a smartphone. The system was available for android and iOS devices such as tablets and smartphones. After a long wait, PayPal and Microsoft have made it official that the new updated PayPal Here reader will be available for Windows devices. Not just that, card-reader will also be updated so that it can work with EMV ‘Chip and PIN’ cards in US.

Pay

Microsoft has also revealed that the PayPal Here will be compatible with its new Surface Pro 3 tablet and smartphones such as Lumia 635 and Lumia 830. Later this year, PayPal’s EMV-compliant reader and app for Windows 8.1 will be available in the US market. PayPal mentioned on their official site that the updated reader will allow contactless transactions via Bluetooth that will allow the users to accept any chip card, magnetic stripe card, or contactless payment form, including mobile wallets.

Windows

Last year in September, PayPal announced the launch of PayPal Here SDK for iOS and Android devices that will be released by the end of this month. ISVs like Canvas and iConnect POS will be working with PayPal and Microsoft for building customized business apps for transactions using Windows SDK (software development kit) platform. The third party apps created by using the iOS, Android and Windows SDK platform will have same high security standards as the PayPal Here app.

It is being expected that PayPal’s EMV reader will provide stiff competition to Square's EMV reader that is available for pre-order.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#| #-Link-Snipped-# | via PayPal's new card reader supports Chip and PIN and Windows devices - The Verge

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : The popular decade counter (CD4017) with decoded outputs is used here as a sequence generator. As we need only 4 outputs, the 5th output is...
I have asked this before and was told the forum chat is temporarily disabled. Any updates as to what the status is now?
I may sound meaningless, but I have observed a strange thing which I want to share very eagerly. 😀 I cross almost 15+ signals driving bike to office to and...
Hi I am new to the forum. Iwas just passing by and decided to drop in and say Hi. I am interested in making model engines (steam and stirling). Is...
Xiaomi Inc, one of the leading smartphone manufacturers, has introduced brand new products at a much awaited global launch event held today. In addition to Mi Note and Mi Note...