Pay With Amazon (India) - Online Payment Gateway

It's happening. Jeff Bezos is on his way to destroy the existing players in Indian eCommerce markets and establish the Amazon dominance. Amazon has announced the 'Pay With Amazon' service in India and it's a boon for the online shoppers - why? Because Amazon's is a well known brand and they've the ability to give the rivals a run for their money. Let me give you a quick overview of what's the service all about.

When you make a purchase online, you're directed to a payment gateway where you can choose the mode of payment and make the payment. The payment gateway handles all the transaction between the customer, the merchant and the banks. For example, when you buy CrazyEngineers T-Shirt, you are directed to the payment gateway offered by PayU. PayU accepts your money and then keeps it with themselves until we deliver the order.

Now 'Pay With Amazon' will allow you to store your credit card information on Amazon so that you don't have to enter it every time you make your purchase. All you need to do is click on the 'Pay With Amazon' button whenever you are checking out your purchased items. The system will take you to amazon login page where you will see all your stored credit/debit cards and let you make the payment with just a click of a button.

Why is this a big deal?

Remember that it's just a few days ago that Flipkart (Amazon's main rival in India) decided to shut down a similar service, called PayZippy Shut Down By Flipkart - It Had To!. Payzippy allowed you to do exactly what Amazon's offering; but Flipkart couldn't keep it afloat. With all the money power and infrastructure that can scale to any limits, Amazon can keep the service running for all the merchants who sign up with the service. The merchants will be able to integrate Pay With Amazon option in their shopping carts and offer quicker checkouts to the buyers. I hope we'll be able to integrate Pay With Amazon with our t-shirt store too.

Do check it out: #-Link-Snipped-#

I believe a lot of people will prefer using Amazon Payment Gateway - because the brand's quite trusted in India. What do you think?

Replies

• yanivx
    yanivx
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Remember that it's just a few days ago that Flipkart (Amazon's main rival in India) decided to shut down a similar service, called PayZippy Shut Down By Flipkart - It Had To!
    But It was working fine on big billion day I suppose. I did not use that feature but it was working
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yanivx
    But It was working fine on big billion day I suppose. I did not use that feature but it was working
    PayZippy was meant for merchants and customers. Those who already have their data with PayZippy can continue using it; but merchants cannot sign up or use the service. Flipkart already announced that they'll shut down the service gradually.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    This is a great news. Now no more hurdles in making payment, just login and you will able to make a swift payment.๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Flipkart's billion dollar day stats are eye popping. Here's an overview- They sold over 20 lakh (20,00,000) items in about 10 hours. Sold almost one TV every second! 500,000 mobiles...
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) today stated that the Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV)-C26, the vehicle that shall house the Indian Navigational Satellite IRNSS-1C, shall be launched come October 16th....
How to implement Directional Filter Bank for images to extract features?
In 1973, Brandon Carter published a paper (attached below) which tries to explain the "coincidences" in Physics of our universe from an Anthropic (human-centered) point of view. Very crudely, he...
After 40 years of search, a Thorne-Zytkov Object (ZTO) has been found! A chance to get a new look (or witness the birth of a new theory) of element birth...