Pay using credit card or debit card at the time of delivery at home

The cash on delivery system has been one of the major forms of payment in Indian e-commerce. It's not very convenient to the online retailers and at times even to the consumers. How? If you receive your product and do not have appropriate change - you will either have to ask for it to the neighbours or ask the courier boy to come at a later time. Then there has always been the problem of fake orders that troubled a lot of sellers.

The middle way for all this is to let the consumer pay using credit card or debit card at the time of delivery of the product, right at your home. Snapdeal is already announcing this facility throughout India in coming days. I'm not sure if the delivery boys will carry the card swipe machine with them or ask the users to enter the details on a tablet.

I however am very sure that this service will accelerate acceptance of e-commerce in India. Do let me know your thoughts.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Intel has announced Thunderbolt 3 - the fastest and the most flexible and versatile connection for your peripherals. I've been following the Thunderbolt technology through various discussions on CrazyEngineers about...
Indian smartphone manufacturer Intex has launched two another low budget smartphones from Aqua series, Intex Aqua 3G and Aqua 3G Strong, just two days after the launch of its Cloud...
As expected, we've an interesting leak just before Sony's E3 event scheduled on June 15th. The PlayStation 4 is likely to receive a hardware upgrade with 1TB of hard disk...
NASA engineers will test the flying saucer, technically called the 'low density supersonic decelerator' on June 3 at about 17:30 GMT. The saucer itself is a big parachute, measuring about...
Samsung Electronics has announced the availability of new range of SUHD 4K TVs in India. The new JS9000 series has two models, 55" priced at Rs. 3.15 lakh and 65"...