Pass the Word: Passwords again in the News

Quote:
As the Internet has matured users find they are asked to create, remember and use longer and longer lists of passwords—all unique, strong and never to be used again—resulting in ungainly lists, or people simply ignoring all the advice about security. Now, a combined team of researchers from Microsoft and Carleton University has come up with what they believe is a sound strategy for managing online user passwords: use simple passwords repeatedly for accounts that aren't that valuable and more sophisticated ones non-repeatedly for accounts that are.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology have developed a novel wrist-mounted robot that will aid human hand for carrying out simple day to day activities such as lifting heavy objects,...
I have just graduated from college and am really passionate about learning and working with lots of software technologies and love what technology can do for the world. I am...
Every person should listen to this song or atleast read its lyrics , atleast once. Lyrics : https://rap.genius.com/Hopsin-ill-mind-of-hopsin-7-lyrics It takes balls to talk about religion . Marcus earned a lot...
Can anyone suggest sequence of prefrence in terms of placement of MCA in IPU amongs college i.e. Banarasidas, Rukmini devi, DIAS, Bhai parmanand, ....... Plz suggest the best college in...
I did backup of contacts in vcf file from my old HTC phone. But it was totally messed up as there are lots of contacts in phone memory from them...