partitioning hard disk

hello all..
actually when i partitioned my hard disk i made a 6 gb partition for Windows..But as i installed .net platform and sql server..and many other applications which i needed..I found that this partition was running out of space...I have a partition of 2gb and 10 gb..lying unused...is there any way i can repartition or add some more gb's to this partition without re installing windows and all ??
i just need the space in this partition to be increased without deleting any of the pre installed apllication in the partition!!

suggest me something !!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes you can.

Which version of Windows are you using? If its XP/Vista -

Right Click on 'My Computer' -> Manage -> Disk Management

Do all the partition editing there. Make sure you move your data to some safe place before you mess with your HD.

Let me know if you need further information.
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    Its Windows Xp...sp2!!! i m tr\ying it out..will let you know if something..unexpected happens ๐Ÿ˜›!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankur8819
    Its Windows Xp...sp2!!! i m tr\ying it out..will let you know if something..unexpected happens ๐Ÿ˜›!!!!
    Go ahead with WinXP. Just backup your data before you do anything.
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    hey i opened this disk management option ..but i don't find any option to add up some space to a drive ... !!!
  • kychia
    kychia
    Hi Ankur8819,
    Personally, when I encounter partitioning problems, I'll use "Acronis Disk Director 10". It's not a freeware, but it does its job well...including cloning and data migration.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankur8819
    hey i opened this disk management option ..but i don't find any option to add up some space to a drive ... !!!
    Alright. Go to Right Click on 'My Computer' -> Manage -> Disk Management and then delete the unused partition(s).

Once you see free disk space, you can resize the current partition without having to worry about data loss.
  • xero
    xero
    use, norton's partitionmagic ๐Ÿ˜€
    normal windows tools are incapable of serving your requirements
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    As a free alternative, you can also try GParted. I've used it for all my partitioning needs (resize, create, edit, etc) ๐Ÿ˜€

Download the GParted Live CD ISO file from here: #-Link-Snipped-#

Burn it on a blank CD and boot your computer with it ๐Ÿ˜€
  • mata
    mata
    Can any1 plz explain why we need do partitioning ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Being an engineers community, we are special. God created nature and we filled it with stuff. Unfortunately, we are the ones directly/indirectly responsible for polluting the atmosphere - do...
Hello folks! I am an electronics engineer and I want to know where can we use autocad electrical? Please explain or point me to relevant links. Thanks in advance. ๐Ÿ˜
I see that lot of CEans are in their final year or are freshers who are looking for a job. I wrote a post on my blog recently and I...
hi everybody.....s..sry..ENGINEERs hey..m in final yr...i want to do simple project in telecommunication. plz...smbdy assist me....๐Ÿ˜•
To all fellow students, have any of you tried out the student version of LabVIEW 8.5? Its around $80.. is it worth the price? You can check it out here:...