MS Or MBA Part time/Correspondence Courses For Working Proffessionals

Hi,
I am presently working as a software engineer with a MNC in NCR and have 3 years of experience.
I am planning to take up some part time/correspondence course. I have various question regarding correspondence courses.

1) Which one is better MS or MBA through correspondence. I have interest in both of them so i would prefer to opt for the one which has more opportunities.
2) Which are the top colleges for which i should try for.
3)Is a degree attained through correspondence worth it ?Do companies consider these.

It could be great if you could clear lot of confusions that i have.

Thanks!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unless you've made the decision to opt for a correspondence course, I'd like you to rethink the benefits you'll get. Also, you need to pick up your line of interest first - MS and MBA are totally different streams. The discussion on "The great MBA / MS / M.Tech Dilemma" might be useful. Your question #3 should be the #1 question you should ask 😀

I personally haven't met anyone who's been really benefitted through a correspondence course. However, if your organisation provides any such course, then you should talk to the HR folks and your managers whether you can have any advantage in your current organisation itself. For example, ask them whether it will help in promotions.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Batteries with Lithium metal anode is what the modern electronics demand to be more powerful to serve all your future electronic empire. A team of researchers from Stanford University has...
I want to know which are the most unbiased media houses in India and the World. They may be newspaper, Electronic media or any Radio channel or blogs etc. This...
Sir, I'm working as a Manual Tester for 1.3 yrs and love my job. But I'm interested in Penetration Testing. My doubt is if I plan to do a course...
Flipkart will announce $1 billion in fresh funding from its old investors - Tiger Global, DST Global, Accel Partners and others; making it the biggest round of funding EVER by...
need a book to study basics of civil engineering. moments,stress,forces,materials,etc. can anybody please suggest a relevant book.