Panasonic Toughpads FZ-G1 (Windows 8 Pro) & JT-B1 (Android ICS) Launched In India

Panasonic's new entry in the Indian tablet market has got us two new Toughpads (the name stands out because of the shock-absorbing design that these tablets boast of). We have the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1 is what the company calls the world’s first Windows 8 enterprise-grade "ruggedized" tablet. If that didn't spin your head, the upcoming news will. This Windows 8 Pro powered toughpad, that features a 3rd generation Intel Core i5 Processor and a 10.1-inch 10-finger multi-touch HD Screen, is not-so-effectively priced at INR 1,75,000/- only.

panasonic-FZ-G1
Once that dust settles down, let me take you to the next toughpad hitting the Indian shelves with the Toughpad JT-B1. It is a 7-inch Android ICS tablet that runs on a 1.5GHz Texas Instruments OMAP4460 processor and is water and dust resistant just like FZ-G1. Along with a 16GB flash space and 1GB RAM, you get this tablet for a sum of INR 69,000/- excluding the taxes.
I have my qualms about the heftily priced tablet working well in Indian Market. We are in the budget-era after all. But who is to say. Let us know what you think in comments below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Totally exciting update! What I like about the ToughPad is the layout of physical buttons on the rim of the tablet.

The price however will put several people down.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is not meant for the masses.
    Just like the ruggedized notebooks from Panasonic, these tablets are not meant for individuals buying for themselves.
    They are meant to be sold to Scientific, Logistical, Heavy Engineering and Infrastructure firms who hand out these devices to their field engineers/professionals to gather data under difficult conditions.

These companies must also be buying it in bulk and getting huge discounts.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Strong tremors shook tall buildings in India's capital New Delhi at 4:23 PM. Per US Geological Survey, the quake measuring 7.8 on the Richter Scale had its epicentre on the...
Many of us have multiple files in hard drive. Most of them fed up to rename their multiple files. So here is the trick to rename multiple files in once....
Titan, currently the world's most powerful supercomputer has now been equipped with world's fastest storage system. The engineers at the Oakridge National Laboratory (ORNL) have equipped Titan with 18,668 NVIDIA...
Hay CEans recently it happened to go to mysore. There is RELIANCE mart inside the bus stand itself. It happened to visit by 9.15pm, in the entrance while handing over...
NASA has invested its efforts into building an infrared sensor that could track and detect future occurrences of asteroid and comets in deep space. The probable device whose core instrument...