Panasonic Toughpad 4K Slate: Specs, Price and Availability Details

Panasonic had informed about the new iteration of its Toughpad slate in Consumer Electronic Show held in January 2013. At that time the company had highlighted it being the world’s first 20-inch Windows 8.1 tablet with a 4K resolution display. Now at IFA they have decided to give us more details about the slate along with the news about its availability and pricing. The Toughpad 4K lives up to its name as it has been given a woven fibreglass housing and magnesium alloy chassis. The 20-inch touch screen IPS display has resolution of 3,840 x 2,560 pixels, 230 ppi and 176-degree viewing angles, it supports up to 10 finger touch and rejects any palm impressions. Panasonic also throws in an optional Bluetooth-enabled optical Anoto Live Pen and claims a six hour battery life for the standard version.

Toughpad 4K 1
Toughpad 4K 2 Toughpad 4K 3 Toughpad 4K 4 Toughpad 4K 5

Coming to tech specs, the standard version has a 1.8 GHz Intel i5 processor, 4GB of RAM (expandable up to 8GB) and uses a 128 GB SSD for storage. The Performance variant comes with the same processor as the Standard variant but has 8 GB of RAM, 256 GB SSD and most importantly NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M graphics. Additional features include three USB 3.0 ports, HDMI out, SD card slot and a front facing HD webcam. Finally we have to deliver the bombshell, the prices of these tablets start from 4,508 Euros and this comes to about 3.8 Lakh rupees. Panasonic has justified the price by stating that it has been targeted towards business users, especially architects and designers who would be using the Toughpad for applications like 3D simulation and CAD design applications. The Toughpad 4K will be available in Europe and US from November 2013.

For obtaining more information about the Toughpad 4K, we recommend the following links:
#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and its coverage on #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I also feel that it will be a boom for designers.20" seems to be big enough to do all design work and 4k resolution makes it ultimate device.Price seems high priced .
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I think there's typo in 5th line. 4K resolution != 3,840 x 2,560 pixels. It must be 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# I think there's typo in 5th line. 4K resolution != 3,840 x 2,560 pixels. It must be 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
    The 4K resolution that you have stated is correct for 4K displays that have an aspect ratio of 16:9, but the Panosonic's ToughPad 4 has an aspect ratio of 16:10, that means more pixels in its width.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    The 4K resolution that you have stated is correct for 4K displays that have an aspect ratio of 16:9, but the Panosonic's ToughPad 4 has an aspect ratio of 16:10, that means more pixels in its width.
    Thanks for clarifying 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    More and more the sight of 4K is simply overwhelming

Increased competition will eventually decrease price Wish this baby gets a little more in the pockets of a middle class person
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    Just saw the television coverage of the Toughpad on BBC's Click and it looks like a piece of A3 sized paper. In the display at IFA , one could see that Panasonic has even out lined demoes for photographers and architects. The presenter said that the tablet is not as heavy as he might have presumed.
    For the common man, I hope Panasonic bring a smaller version of about 10 or 11 inch with these specs and with a price at about Rs. 40000.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Obama administration seems very adamant on attacking Syria and while they do not have full support (this time) from its friends, bigger countries like China and Russia have been openly...
we know that when two signals are convulated eg f(t)*g(t),we get the output as F(W).G(W) i.e multiplication in frequency domain but how it is implemented by the modulators i can...
Yeah you are correct.Armadillo is a word that describes "little Armoured one".I saw that small adorable car in the newspaper and I am her to share it with you."Armadillo-T" electric...
Hello everyone.. I have completed my B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering this year with 80%. I want to do my masters purely in Automobile engineering. I have decided to go abroad...
I am looking for a temperature sensor for Arduino which can handle good amount of high temperature upto 270 degree celcius. Suggestions please.