Outernet Plans To Bring Free Internet For All

Outernet is a new project which aims to bring FREE internet for every single inhabitant on planet Earth. Internet has now become an indispensable part of human life, and statistically almost all countries are using internet for personal & business use, which is the reason why companies are working on new solutions to ensure access of internet to entire population of the planet. One of such solution is Project Loon : Google's Balloon Powered Global Internet which aims to bring internet connection to people around globe by the use of balloons which are floating in the Earth's atmosphere. Now another viable solution to this could be Outernet.

Outernet Project is developed by Media Development Investment Fund which targets at bringing free internet to inhabitants around the globe even in most inaccessible areas like deserts, oceans, remote islands at poles, etc. by means of satellites that are revolving around the Earth, known as Cubesat. According to Media Development Investment Fund, it will take around 100 Cubesats to cover every corner of the planet. Initially, the service will be active only to some users for testing purpose. While later on the connection will be available to all users for free of charge. However, users will need antennas that are capable of interacting with Cubesats inorder to transmit & receive information signals.

slide

If you're expecting very high bandwidth free internet connection via Outernet, then I feel sorry to burst the bubble about the fact that it is not going to happen. The connection will most likely be a slow speed one. Outernet Project is not a replacement to internet connection, it's primary aim is to make internet connection available even in areas where internet connection is not possible. Moreover, Outernet will help users who can't afford paid internet services in accessing internet. If everything goes as planned, then the project is likely to be available for service by end of 2015.

Media Investment Fund Team is hoping to raise hefty amount of donations to make this project a reality. For detailed information, visit it's official website : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Good technology. A correction perhaps..

it's primary aim is to make internet connection available even in areas where internet connection is not impossible.

Do you want to write possible?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Issue
    Good technology. A correction perhaps..

it's primary aim is to make internet connection available even in areas where internet connection is not impossible.
    Thanks for correction. edited.
  • prahu mac
    prahu mac
    a nice move but i still feel this won't make any impact for people who can actually afford to use internet on a daily basis here!!!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When I saw the gif, I knew I had to play my part and share this. Such awesomeness. 👍 I'm not able to copy the image, so redirecting you to...
Microsoft is well aware of the fact that developers like to go online to find code samples to use in their projects. The problem with this method is that you...
In the recent post on Insights Ubuntu, Canonical announced some of its new partners who have decided to develop their applications for Ubuntu Touch. These third party applications will be...
abhijeetkhan submitted a new project: Project Lincoln - India's first attempt in building a Batpod - Reinventing the Batpod (Batman's Vehicle from TDK) Project Lincoln is India's first attempt in...
hi , any one can you help me to get fuzzy logic with engineering applications solutions manual 3 edition???? thanks you