OS X Applications Will Be Running On Linux, Soon.

#-Link-Snipped-#, like Wine is developing the compatibility layer which will run the OS X applications on linux Operating system.Darling is dependent on GNUstep, Opensurce implementation of Apple's Objective-C software libraries which can allow application to compile,build & execute on Mac,Unix & Windows system.

Small numbers of OS X applications is already been tested & is working under Darling. Darling project, right now is working on the QREncoder,World OF Warcraft,Bayon,Unarchiver,etc. for the compatibility, there's no news on whether the mentioned applications are right now working or not.
The descriptions says that theoretically, Darling will be able to run the iOS applications as it is compiled to run on Darwin kernel used by iOS & OS X.

In the Darling project wiki page it is mentioned that "It parses executable files for the Darwin kernel (Mach Object Files) loads them into the memory (just like ld-linux.so does with ELF executables) and executes them."

What's your view, CEans ?
We have very matured compatibility layer for Windows, Wine. Will Darling project be able to match the wine's standard ? Would you use Darling project for OS X applications ?

For more details : #-Link-Snipped-#
Source code : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well WINE made all windows user feel at their home land even in Linux

I am sure Apple Linux migration will kick in the moment we see some versions of Darling project kick start

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A medical device engineer knows that his work may be of direct help to a patient in suffering and may even grant extension of life. The stress comes from the...
I wanna interface HDTV & PC monitor both to my Computer, is it possible ? I have graphics card with DVI-D & D-Sub pin. i will be using D-sub VGA...
First, I connected D-sub pin to D-sub port of video card & I started the PC, the display was clear. Then, I connected DVI-D pin with DVI port & did...
VLC Media Player for iOS, the app that went on a leave couple of years back, is now launched again. VLC, the multi-format video player has gone live in some...
The Reserve Bank Of India isn't quite popular among the tech community in the country. The master bank has known to have it's own 'weird' thoughts about technology (read the...