Optus 'Gigasites' Trial Achieve a Massive 4G Speed Of 2.3 GBPS

Gigasites, the two live network test sites developed by Optus to test its entire spectrum assets, have had many a firsts to their names:
  • They've registered the highest total throughput ever on a live mobile network site (1.65-2.3 Gbps)
  • They have utilized most spectrum ever on a live network site
  • They've used most numbers of 4G layers (five) on a single site
  • They've unique eight technology/band combos
optus-gigasite-1

The two Gigasites, which are being hailed as the 'developers of the network of the future', were developed with Optus' partners Nokia Solutions and Networks (NSN) and Huawei. The trial was not conducted in lab conditions, but on a live network, with real devices and all. To generate over 2 gbps, Optus along with its partners mobilized sixteen test-drive vehicles, 21 engineers, 58 devices comprising smartphones and dongles, and 31 laptops - to load up the Gigasites with data traffic. The high speeds were achieved via TDD (time division duplex) 4G technology, that's more apt for data traffic as compared to FDD (frequency division duplex) standard applied by a majority of the world.

Optus claims that these Gigasites represent Australia's first LTE 3500 network trial. In future, the company shall explore how the 3500 MHz spectrum could be employed in future mobile networks. The present trail shall lead them towards a better decision-making process, believes Andrew Smith, Optus Vice President of Mobile Engineering.

Replies

• Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Picture_458

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear friends, I am looking for an ebook naming - Properties of Concrete- written by A M Neville. Regards Kyaw
Microsoft’s beloved Xbox live social gaming service is now all set to power Apple and Android devices. This would undoubtedly put Microsoft in direct competition with Apple’s game center and...
This papers are solved by our Telecom experts
I have completed my BE and I am planning to give the Comptia A+ and N+ certificate exam in near future. What other certifcate course training can one undergo in...
Micromax has launched its new mid-budget smartphone with Micromax Canvas Blaze HD EG116 that features a 12.7 cm (5-inch) HD IPS screen with 1280 x 720 pixel resolution. Powered by...