OpenSource H.265/HEVC Video Encoder, x265 Project Initiates.

In June, HEVC/H.265 Standard was officially released which was approved in Early 2013,January.The HEVC abbreviated as High Efficiency Video Codec is capable to cover larger screen resolutions with 8K pixels resolution i.e 8192x4320 & with double compression ratio to that of H.264

[​IMG]
There's an opensource alternative to every closed source codecs. For H.264, in opensource we have "x264" & now the project named "x265" has been initiated by MultiCoreWare.
MultiCoreWare has published their initial code for Open source video encoder.
Check it out : #-Link-Snipped-#

The opensource HEVC codec project website has been published & developers are working on forming the opensource x265 codec.You'll not find much information on x265 at this moment, the initial code is just been published & it will take a good amount of time in development of x265.
For more information : #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : VLC Media Player has recently added support for H.265/HEVC .

Also, libde265 has also came out for Opensource H.265/HEVC support which is coded from scratch.

Here's the GIT commit for VLC H.265/HEVC support : #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As Ubuntu Operating system will be using it's custom Mir display server from Saucy Salamander 13.10 onwards, many projects has been leaded to port their application for Mir display from...
I have tried soo many custom ROMs for my Android Samsung Y 5360-GT and one thing I have noted that Google+ never runs in custom ROMs, because the supporting application...
I am doing Engineering in MIT-COE,Pune in EnTc..the topic is from the last week i am totally disturbed regarding my career the reasons are job & college ..i feel like...
Recently General Motors have recalled 1.14 units of chevrolet tavera through 280 dealers to check emission norms incorporated by Indian government.GM has announced that it will be done for free...
hey Ceans, can you help me build a android app with SSH access. My requirements are if i click on a button certain command must be executed on the client....