Opensource and OpenSys.,

Hi CEns,
"Opensource and OpenSys.,"
I want to know about the differences between the open source and open systems...I am going to present a seminar in this topic...Please ask your questions , this will help me to present me better and for a professional speech too..
I am completely searching on this to present as much as I can..CEns Please Give tips and points to me,,,Anyone start this thread by giving definition on OpenSource and OpenSys...

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hi ms_cs,

A very good initiative, I must say. ๐Ÿ˜€

In one sentence I would say "Open source is a part of an open system" Right?

Well, I am eagerly waiting for your presentation here ms_cs. ๐Ÿ˜€

Note: Other CS/IT engineers, learn something from such CEans(like ms_cs) and don't hesitate to share your paper presentations or any specific knowledge here.๐Ÿ˜
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    thank u for initiating this thread...correct...
    Open systems are computer systems that provide some combination of interoperability, portability, and open software standards. "open source" marketed as trumping "open system"
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Download the powerpoint presentation.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ok,

Well to be clear

An open source refers to any program whose source code is made available for use or modification as users or other developers see fit.

An Open system is a term bigger than open source. An open source is just a part of Open system
    An open system is an open source operating system, typically composed of coordinated modular(a module is a separate unit of software or hardware) components from a number of sources and not reliant upon any proprietary elements.

Characteristics of open systems include

1.The exposure of the source code, which is thus available for understanding and possible modification and improvement.
    2. Portability which allows the system to be used in a variety of environments.
    3. Interoperability which allows the system to function with other systems.

According to the Open Systems Joint Task Force, an open system "uses widely supported and consensus-based standards for its key interfaces, and has been subjected to successful validation and verification tests to ensure the openness of its key interfaces." Today, #-Link-Snipped-# is generally considered a prime example of an open system.

Please check this link also
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Hope this nformation can be of some help. Everyone keep on asking more and more questions here. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Raviteja.g
    Raviteja.g
    and one main thing to mention is open source products will be free of cost or either at nominal cost

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need to control a toy car using voice signals. i'm planning to use microcontroller 8951 for processing. if u hav got any idea to do it, plz help me......๐Ÿ˜
hi, i like someone out there to help find a perfect circuit for automatic forward and revers dc motor control circuit. the circuit will help me build up my final...
Lot has been discussed on forums & through CE Conference about making CE more active and useful to existing members and having more participation from new members. Here are few...
Telford International Centre, 19th-21st May 2009 Official Website: Plastics Design & Mouldings 2009 - Welcome to PDM 2009 The Plastics Design and Moulding Event is the most exciting, productive and...
Official Website: :: iccvgivp2009.com :: Over more than last three decades, the field of Digital Signal and Image Processing has been explored exhaustively and has commercially matured owing to the...