Openmix: The World’s Smallest Audio Mixer Seeks Funding At Kickstarter

Every party big or small requires music and if your budget is low, hiring a DJ to play the music isn’t an option. Keeping the budget conscious public in mind, a couple of folks from New York have built an affordable audio mixer titled Openmix. Openmix is being claimed by its makers as the world’s smallest audio mixer. In simpler terms, Openmix can be described as a cross fader that allows you to smoothly transition from one song to another. The USP of Openmix is its wide compatibility. Since it connects two devices with the help of headphone jack, you can use Openmix with PCs, smartphones, tablets and mp3 players.

OPenmix 2

Openmix does not rely on any batteries to operate, just plug in one audio source in the right male headphone jack and another one in the left and connect your speakers with the female headphone jack on the other end and you can transition from one device to another by turning the knob. If you want to play a pretend DJ you have the option of plugging in another iOS or Android device with a third-party DJ app and add sound effects to your music. The working has been illustrated in the picture below.

Openmix 1

Openmix can be bought by early backers at a price of $29. Since all the early bird rewards have already been exhausted, you will now have to pay $39, which is the retail price of the product. The makers of Openmix promise to deliver the product by January 2015 if they manage to surpass the funding goal of $65,000. We are quite sceptical about the success of the product because there are many smartphone and tablet apps available across platforms that allow the touchscreen to turn into turntables with crossfaders, tone crossfaders and graphic equalizers for a nominal fee and some which do the job for free as well.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via This Tiny Audio Mixer Would Let You Turn Smartphones Into Turntables

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

XOLO India has come up with a new Android phone called the 'XOLO Play 8X-1100', the latest addition in the company's Play-series of smartphones targeted at gaming enthusiasts. Joining the...
I was reading a book the other day that got me thinking about how so many people are unable to take charge of their lives, (despite or due to) the...
electrical related business with good groth prospects in future i m sarthak khanna, b.e. EEE from MIT, MANIPAL. i would like to start a manufacturing unit i have capital and...
Him guys Being a new user I want to collect some important view from your end ,in today market every one want to be a engg doc MBA these are...
Straight in boring, curve is in. After curved Ultra High Definition TVs, smartphones and smartwatches, Samsung has introduced a Curved Soundbar. Samsung HW-H7500 and H7501 are the world’s first TV-matching...