Online student attendance registry

Am taking my final year studies and soon will be required to come up with an innovative project.. Have an idea on taking register on students who are in class at a given time,on line without the lecturer physically moving to the class block... please suggest me how i will go about it.... language good at is php....

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-# . I think student attendance has been over-done and there's nothing innovative about it anymore. Of course you can make it interesting; but the coding would be complicated.

I think you should begin with a PHP framework. #-Link-Snipped-# may help you take the first steps; but you'll have to proceed on your own.

All the best!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    You can implement something like Punch in and Punch out that is generally used by small scale industries for attendance

I can think of following schema

1: Teachers
    2: Students
    3: Sections (teacher_id)
    4: Students_Sections (student_id, section_id)
    5: Attendance (id, Present (Yes/No), Date, Student ID)
    6: Users (role id, Username, Password)
    7: Role( id, role name)

The above schema will meet your needs

Now coming to implementation

Start implementing basic crud operations, I will recommend using cakephp, that will do everything for you, at least for implementing crud

Flow:

1: Student will be registered, he will only have access to punch in punch out screen,
    2: Teachers will be able to see the attendance of students monthly, weekly (there are number of good looking jquery based calendar are available)

Something Extra

1: Add functionality to check for IP address of student when he logged in, if ip address is not in certain range, then don't allow him, this check is necessary as students may misuse it, they may login when not in school
  • avii
    avii
    Or forget all schema, just go ahead with NoSQL.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Land Rover has always been known to add a little extra in its range of SUVs to make them irresistible. This time around they are tinkering with their Discovery family...
We've made a few tweaks to the server and that should make the site incredibly faster for the guest users (sorry, logged-in people!) The only catch is that the guests...
With an aim to connect families to food, Nikhil Arora and Alejandro Velez founded Back to the Roots - A startup that has launched two products - the Mushroom Kit...
Hi everyone I am in 3rd year of CSE in BE. So its high time for me to get ready for the placements. For this purpose I need good suggestions...
Quote: Curriculum Calendar Tracks Develop Apps for Embedded Android Networking | Testing MIMO Radios | Developing With Embedded Linux Using the Yocto Project Framework | Mastering the Embedded Software Design...