Online Mailing System in ASP.net

I am trying to make the project on online mailing system using asp.net but had a confusion how to start it and collect details to create it.

please tell me the way to solve my problem so that i can do my project.

Replies

• VIVEK GUPTA
    VIVEK GUPTA
    I am trying to make the project on online mailing system using asp.net but had a confusion how to start it and collect details to create it.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, Vivek. Good to see that you're working on an interesting topic. Online mailing systems could mean different meaning - it could be simple email system or a notifications system or a bulk email program. The first thing to start your project would be to list out the functionality of the program and the features that you wish to incorporate.

This is an important step, because it will help you decide the overall architecture of your project.
  • VIVEK GUPTA
    VIVEK GUPTA
    I want to make an E-Mail system which will be open by existing gmail/yahoo email id and retrive and send email to others and delete and manage the inbox
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, so as I understand, you want to fetch your existing emails from Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook into another web interface (say a unified inbox). I guess that's a little simpler than the other systems. You'll need to identify which protocols you're going to support viz. pop / imap or both; because not all email providers offer access out of the box. Gmail is way better in offering both protocol support.

How about writing a basic program to fetch email from various mailboxes using POP, using ASP.net? Give it a try. I'm tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# to help you out. It'd be great if you could share your first attempts at the code.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    VIVEK GUPTA
    I want to make an E-Mail system which will be open by existing gmail/yahoo email id and retrive and send email to others and delete and manage the inbox
    Nice effort buddy. First off, you must have an SMTP Server with its port 25 open. Do you have that? Next would be the MTA Setup. Let us know how much you have progressed, so that we can help you out. 😀
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Praveen-Kumar
    Nice effort buddy. First off, you must have an SMTP Server with its port 25 open. Do you have that? Next would be the MTA Setup. Let us know how much you have progressed, so that we can help you out. 😀
    According to me,In order to send mail, dedicated SMTP port 25 is not mandate, its also possible to use gmail.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Praveen-Kumar
    According to me,In order to send mail, dedicated SMTP port 25 is not mandate, its also possible to use gmail.

VIVEK GUPTA

It will be helpful for us if you can show us how much of this is been done and let us know on the mock up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any buddy help out me about this project in matlab.. PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF FEC IN CDMA SYSTEM USING MATLAB am not a matlab profession please help out...
i am having 2 OS in my system one windows professional and another windows 8. i am getting problem in accessing(entering) into windows 8 OS. i am getting the message...
Am a mechanical engineer, located presently in Jharkhand, India. Basically a power plant man, but presently working in an integrated steel plant. Interested in knowing things, breaking technologies. Turned to...
Hi forum, The RFM70 (and the newer RFM73) from HopeRF is a cheap and powerful 2.4GHz transceiver that I use in some of my projects. Unfortunately the documentation from HopeRF...
Many plants and animals camouflage themselves either for defence or occasionally for offence. Octopusses (Should I say octopi) do this with amazing celerity. Researchers have built this gimmick into soft...