Online Debate Competition #1 - Is wearable technology a fad or the future?

Everywhere you look, these days - new gadgets that can be strapped on or worn are popping up from the biggest tech companies. Wearable Devices or Wearable technology is gripping the attention of researchers and developers alike.

Without further explaining the topic, I leave it to the participants to debate on - "Is wearable technology a fad or the future?"

Take a side and type on!

This discussion will be open till 9:00 pm and the winner shall be declared tomorrow morning.

PS: Minimum 5 participants are a must. So share the link with your friends and ask them to join in!

👍

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging everyone online to notify about this -

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Ok I will roll the dice first
    We are in a world where gadgets had evolved to a place where it was considered more as a part of us. Companies such as Sony, Samsung, pebble, google etc had got their products boosted with their launch of wearable such as smartwatch, glass, etc. This proves that it has got good necessity and people are in need for wearable
    The wearable has developed to a state where it has all the features we want such as call maker, music controller, fitness tracker, etc. I see that future has more to offfer us in the name of wearable gadgets.
    I think this wearable type of gadgets have a better future which can replace existing gadgets.

Who knows? What we think which is not possible to implement in wearable may be a reality in near future? Present engineering innovations support my view.So anyone opposing my view ?
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    What are you doing guys? Come on lets play😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Wearable Technology is definitely not “Fad” but it’s the future. It’s the future of innovation which will definitely help mankind to stay more connected and secure.

In today’s era, we are continuously focusing on making our gadgets smaller. Thus we got Wearable devices.

With the evolution of Smart phones, we can see the craze all around about the new “wearable” technology coming every day. Starting with “Smart Watches”, we’ve seen technology like Google Glass. The smart watch enables not only calling, but rather other most efficient features of a smart phone.

We’ve seen Google Glass, which is more of a computer with GPS tracker and a lot of other fascinating capabilities right on your eyes. You can click pictures, navigate, etc. simply by giving instructions. Next, Nod Ring , which uses Bluetooth technology to use gesture techniques to control and send instructions to your smart phone is another good example of what wearable technology is , and how people are excited and fascinated about the whole concept of Wearable Technology.

Moreover, wearable like The Dash Headphones, not only offers advantage over traditional headphones (which often tangles) but they also help in medical facilities, like measuring your heart beat rate, temperature of your body, calories you burned while jogging etc.

So, the wearable technology is not just about “another Gadget”, it’s our future. This reduces our effort and makes life easier for us giving us the power to have the whole world wherever we are. We can stay connected, be healthy and save our precious time.
    I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# and I see a lot of good applications of wearables especially in health enhancing work. Thee future may benefit us with more smaller yet powerful tool to live your life in complete control and a hassle free one. The future may give us wearable gadgets such as more advanced hearing aid wearables, smaller pacemakers, etc and we will see gadgets that has artificial intelligence that can aid in emergency conditions and help us by warning about the malfunction and tell us the best way to overcome the problem.
    Nano technology has given helping hands which aids all possibilities of making the wearable the real future😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Adding to the list we have Rufus Cuff which enables us to see the future more closely. Extending the applications of a smart watch, it can be digitally tethered with either an Android or an I-Phone and thus enables to send and receive calls, text messages etc. It is a full wrist communicator, having Wi-Fi capabilities too.

Surely, wearable are actually the "Future". Reducing the size of traditional bulky and costly devices, they prove more beneficial and helps one to do the same work without carrying a laptop or tablet.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    I think that's all from my side. Wearable is future ! It helps in saving our time and doing the same work more efficiently.
    Thanks for awesome topic to discuss on #-Link-Snipped-#
    I also thank #-Link-Snipped-# for putting those beautiful points to the thread.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Thanks for awesome topic to discuss on #-Link-Snipped-#
    I also thank #-Link-Snipped-# for putting those beautiful points to the thread.
    Yeah ! It was awesome, but sad, CE debates aren't getting much attention these days.
    Never the less, I'll wait for other CEans to discuss on this topic whenever they are available.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging everyone online to notify about this -

#-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-#
    Oops I missed it.
    Nice topic and thanks for tagging me.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    - Comments after this post will not be considered for the competition -

CEans can however discuss this topic further! 😀
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    - Comments after this post will not be considered for the competition -

CEans can however discuss this topic further! 😀
    What are your views on this topic ? 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    When the Google Glass arrived I was awake late night to watch the launch. And I was visibly awed by the technology. I always assumed that something like this would happen in the future, but never once did I think that it will come around so soon. I guess, I was too naive about it.

Coming to the topic at hand, I believe there's not much difference between having smart glasses on your face and staring at a little glowing rectangle in your hand. A fad is something that relates to current times and is short-lived. And wearable tech does not seem like something that will go away any time soon. In fact, we are just at the beginning of a MAJOR revolution in this sector.

But there's a fair chance that wearable devices will rule our lives in the future.

PS: The last time I wanted to buy a wrist-watch for myself, my father said why do you need one when you have a smartphone so near your hand all the time. So, I think the wearable gadgets of the future must be all-in-one devices. There's no other way out.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Wearable computing is definitely the future, the thing is world is just not ready for this, same as first IBM simon communicator didn't fit for the world in 1993.
    [​IMG]

Aren't we using the similar touch screen modal even after 20 years. We are still waiting for flexible, fully transparent and edge to edge gadgets.

Google glass is too advance for today's need but same time I think wearable watch sucks. I like to see a fully functional flexible watch which can turn into a smartphone.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Apple's new concept ear plugs(head phones) is also another thing which I feel is worthy to note.

Wearing a smart device is more comfortable than to get some wired gadget to wind you throughly. If comfort and customer satisfaction is the norm of the day then the day where we all have a gadget attached to us always is not far off

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Tara roped in her friend Valen (Valentina) and discussed possibilities of some new business. Weather was hotting up. So, why not set up a lemonade stand? First Rama was approached...
Do you agree with this statement? "Don’t sell the product – sell the story!" - Kevin Harrington
Studying abroad has now become more simpler with number of grants and scholarship increasing with time. With increase in competition in the international market of education, many Universities and national...
whenever I login to CE website, I see members online. guest online, and also robots online. so I just want to know about these robots.
Temperature measurements in our daily life are typically performed by bringing a thermometer in contact with the object to be measured. However, measuring the temperature of nanoscale objects is a...