OnePlus One Pre-Orders In India + No Invite System!

OnePlus One is 'the next' phone launch in India everyone is waiting for. In an AMA (ask me anything) session company's executives confirmed that the pre-orders of OnePlus One in India are likely to begin in October and the company will do away with their invite system. So far, it's been extremely difficult to get an invite to buy the phone and the only way one could get an invite was through an existing owner of the phone or via the invites shared by OnePlus through giveaways or contests.

If things are in place, the pre-orders may begin as early as mid-to-late September. It's quite likely that OnePlus is excited by the response that Xiaomi's Mi3 received in India. It could be one of the reasons that the company will do away with the very polarising 'Invite System'.

India is a challenging markets for the company that says they aren't interested in making profits for the next few months. That said, the company will have to make sure that they have enough inventory to handle the demand. Another very tough challenge would be to provide servicing to the phones. As of now, OnePlus does not offer service the phones which may not function as intended. You can't get a replacement model. I haven't read any complaints about the phone though - something that the company has to ensure given that they say they haven't compromised anywhere.

Let's see, how it all works out. The good news is that the invite system is gone. Another good news is that people can now buy multiple phones and then put them on sale on eBay for 1.5 - 2x the price. How do you think OnePlus can handle that? πŸ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There has been much talk about pricing the phone between 25-30K on the OnePlus forums itself. People are out there saying, "might as well ask a friend or cousin to get it from the US." One thing is for sure, with this announcement, the sales of Xiaomi Mi3 might have slowed down a little but. Everyone must be ready to wait for a month or two to get their hands on this phone.

PS: I also think that Indian audience may not be yet ready for the Invite System (I blame the ignorance) and therefore the decision to do away with it is just and practical.

Also, Waiting for inputs from #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    One plus one has very strong reputation. I wish they come with 20K label.
    People are so overwhelming with Xiaomi Mi3, what will happen when Mi4 will come with price tag of <18k.
    iPhone guys will feel a shame in front of it 😘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anoop Kumar
    iPhone guys will feel a shame in front of it 😘
    iPhone 6 is likely to be announced on September 9th. Let's find out how it goes. I'm sure iPhone 6 is going to find a lot more buyers than OnePlus and Xiaomi combined. People don't necessarily want a cheap phone. They've got money to burn - and iPhone 6 is going to be a 'status'.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    OPO will definitely range in between 18k to 22k. As the invitation system is removed it is a great add advantage for the Indian people to purchase as many phones as they want.

MI3 could catch the international market just because of one back drop. It did not had LTE while OPO had. Mi4 is superb if compared with the OPO.

And there is replacement for the OPO. You have to raise the tickets and then depending upon the problem they will replace or do the repairs for the phone.
    But I am sure they will be less supply and more demand. Because in the international market they are taking more than 2 weeks to deliver the product now a days compared to 1 week delivery they used to do before. Now it is very hard even for the OPO people to solve the tickets which were raised already by the users. Because its mostly software issues they have to deal with. Few hardware issues like camera, sound cannot be done anything.

People will be crazily attracted to OPO and will definitely buy this phone if its priced to 18k to 22k India. But before the 4.4.4 update it had a lot of problems.
    The recent 4.4.4 update helped the users to stay calm and stick to the phone.

Here are some of the changes they made with the 4.4.4 update.
    Here is a full list of changes:

• Upgraded to Android 4.4.4
    • Updated to new versions of Google apps
    • Added Clear Image
    • Added new (colder) calibration for the screen
    • Proximity sensor prevents activation of off-screen gestures while in your pocket
    • Capacitive touch keys supported in the recovery mode
    • Increased capacitive button illumination
    • Improved overall stability
    • Fixed issues with vibration being disabled during Quiet Hours
    • Fixed lockscreen not updating the track information during music playback
    • Fixed microphone volume for all formats in the Voice Recorder app
    • Fixed β€œOK, Google” not triggering voice search in Google Now
    • Fixed Viber calls not working
    • Fixed battery percent not updating in custom lock screens
    • Fixed PicasaSync
    • Fixed Camera β€œO” gesture activating lockscreen instead of triggering camera
    • Fixed wallpapers not applying in full screen, taking the wrong size when cropping, etc

In addition, the update is said to feature the following changes over the previous July release (courtesy of Android Police):

• Speaker Volume: The volume is now set higher while on a call, which overcomes the audibility issue users faced earlier in noisy and crowded environments.
    • Microphone (mic) Sensitivity: Improved mic sensitivity while using voice commands and better results with Google's Search app as the phone can now clearly hear and understand what you are saying.
    • Mobile Data Symbol now correctly indicates LTE instead of 4G in the notification area, while using an LTE network.
    • A new revamped dialer is now available
    • Access to Heads up notifications now possible via Settings > Notification drawer > Heads up and you can perform Search operations in Settings as well.

Now as MI3 users who wanted to buy Mi3 will wait for OPO or MI4 instead. But waiting for these two phones is worth for sure. The only problem with OPO is it will take time to get a stable OS for sure. Because even after the 4.4.4 people are finding still problems. Overall they are satisfied with the phone but still. There are problems even with the MI3, like the camera etc. But it has service centers etc placed in India to do the needful. But OPO you need to send back the product to the company and they will do the needful.

As every company faces up and downs when a products is released. It depends on the customer service they do to maintain the people. Finally it is what customers seek in the last.

If Mi4 releases at the same time then it will be a great war to be watched.
    OPO has two versions. The first version 16GB will range between 18k to 19k and 64Gb will range around 20 to 21k or 1k lesser than our expectations.
    Expecting the similar price tag for the Mi4 or even 1 or 2k lesser. May be 16 to 18k for 16Gb and 18 to 20k for 64Gb. If these two phones are planning to release both the versions.
    Kaustubh Katdare
    iPhone 6 is likely to be announced on September 9th. Let's find out how it goes. I'm sure iPhone 6 is going to find a lot more buyers than OnePlus and Xiaomi combined. People don't necessarily want a cheap phone. They've got money to burn - and iPhone 6 is going to be a 'status'.
    Iphone 6 might have lot of buyers when combined to OPO and Xiaomi. It is because "contract" makes things cheap for the people outside Asia. Iphone is always a status symbol. But in Asia it cannot have much sales. Only the people who have money to burn will buy it rest all will stick to the available phones.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    There has been much talk about pricing the phone between 25-30K on the OnePlus forums itself. People are out there saying, "might as well ask a friend or cousin to get it from the US." One thing is for sure, with this announcement, the sales of Xiaomi Mi3 might have slowed down a little but. Everyone must be ready to wait for a month or two to get their hands on this phone.

PS: I also think that Indian audience may not be yet ready for the Invite System (I blame the ignorance) and therefore the decision to do away with it is just and practical.

Also, Waiting for inputs from #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    Mi3 is already dis-continued by Xiomi, I guess, as they want to focus on RedMi sales now.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sanyam Khurana
    Mi3 is already dis-continued by Xiomi, I guess, as they want to focus on RedMi sales now.
    Not discontinued yet. It's just put on hold by Flipkart to make way for Redmi 1s and possibly the upcoming Note. But there's a high chance that the company will focus on 1s and note till late October and then introduce the Mi4 in Indian markets - the same time when OnePlus makes it grand presence.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thought of posting a follow up. It's more or less confirmed that OnePlus One will be available for pre-order in India via Flipkart. The phone's price will be in the Rs. 20-25K range, which will make the way easier for the upcoming MI4, which I believe will be priced at Rs. 18K (~4k more than MI3). Given the success of the Mi brand in India - it's no brainer that MI4 will have more buyers than Mi3.

I just keep my fingers crossed for the OnePlue One - for the price. Folks, if you are reading this - please price the phone < Rs. 20K and you will have an additional buyer πŸ˜€
  • Ankit Sahu
    Ankit Sahu
    Ok! So Im using MI3 right now and awaiting OPO. Its near impossible to get invites until you're more than highly active in their official forum. I feel its a good step, this pre-order system especially in India because you know as you mentioned, for the ignorance of some groups of people, invite system is a failure. In India, and personally myself, we have long family trees. I have about 30 people iny joint family. And what I(we) would do is that we would circulate the tickets among themselves. Thats is not what a company wants. They wish that atleast every family should have a product.

MI3 and Redmi were successes as a result of the flash sale. You know it automatically makes you think "sala 40000 piece 6 seconde bik gaya" "kaise?" "Khas kya hai isme?". This process is loud, i mean everyone gets to know about it. Unlike OPO, which doesnt even have much activity in their official pages.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the OnePlus One Successor has been confirmed for 2015. Will share more details in some time.
  • Ankit Sahu
    Ankit Sahu
    Yes
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the OnePlus One Successor has been confirmed for 2015. Will share more details in some time.
    ! One plus two. Yes. There havent been any specs announcement yet. But i feel i wont be surprised. It may at most boast 2.7Γ—4. 802 or tegra. 3 Gb ram. 5.5 inch. Camera may go no further. Front facing can see an upgrade.

OPO hasnt released worldwide just yet & theyre planning for another phone about 8-10 months in advance. I dont get their strategy. Its stupid actually.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I just saw OnePlus one with mat finish and the build is super awesome and yet light. No Samsung phone can stand in front of it.

I wish they will bring up a 5" screen with QHD 😁
  • Ankit Sahu
    Ankit Sahu
    Anoop Kumar
    I just saw OnePlus one with mat finish and the build is super awesome and yet light. No Samsung phone can stand in front of it.

I wish they will bring up a 5" screen with QHD 😁
    Bro. Its 5.5 actually. And OPT maybe equal or are bigger in display size. And talking about competition, its Ranked #1 in Antutu benchmark. And physical appearance with the likes of Nexus is a charm to the eyes + cyanogenmod11.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    AnkitSahu
    Bro. Its 5.5 actually.
    I know Bro.. It feels bigger for me. That's why I wish they come up with 5" screen.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's all set to unveil low-budget Android phone(s) in India on September 15 powered by Android One. The price of these phones is likely to be between Rs. 6K -...
Today two CEan @mayurpathak and @Anoop Mathew celebrating their birthday. Wishing you guys have a rocking year ahead. Happy Birthday Day ! πŸŽ‰
hello guys... new here... πŸ˜€
LAVA International Limited has been pretty excited about its Iris series of smartphones and after the success of the popular Iris X1, the company is back with a new "Selfie...
Quote: The inventor of a new personal submarine set to launch next week is hoping to create a new niche market for would-be adventurers who have no professional training in...