OnePlus 2 Launch Date Likely To Be June 1

Chinese phone maker that brands itself as 'flagship killer' is likely to announce OnePlus 2 phone on June 1. OnePlus' official #-Link-Snipped-# handle wrote that the company is always looking to shake up the industry and 'it's time for change'. OnePlus will reveal further details on June 1. The tweet created a lot of buzz among the ardent fans of OnePlus who've been waiting for the next phone from OnePlus. Will it be OnePlus 2 or something else, will be revealed on June 1st.

The photo that accompanies the tweet shows an eraser and a pencil lying on a white paper sheet. The eraser wipes off the upper half of the phone and there's a message saying "Time to change". The only inference we could draw from the photo is that OnePlus will be eclipsing the already popular OnePlus One model to make way for the OnePlus 2.

OnePlus Two has had its own set of leaks; but the most trustworthy came from geekbench. The app named the devices as OnePlus One A2001; but all the tech-insiders considered it as the next phone from OnePlus. It's interesting to note that the model number of the original OnePlus One phone was A1001.

OnePlus-2

The OnePlus 2 phone is likely to pack powerful hardware. Our wild guess is that it will have a 64-bit octa-core processor (Snapdragon 801), 3GB of RAM. The price of the phone is likely to be around $299 but given the popularity of the first model, we won't be surprised if OnePlus sells the phone at a higher cost. On the software side, we'd expect the phone to ship with Oxygen OS, which is a modified version of Android Lollipop.

Getting your hands on this new phone is likely to be just as difficult as the first one. OnePlus has said that they will continue their 'invite' system for the second phone. Which means the only way to buy this phone is through an invitation sent by an existing owner or an invite won through contests or giveaways.

We look forward to updating you on the latest and the best from OnePlus. Let's see which flagship this phone will kill. Do let us know your thoughts.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The next TV ad on Fair & Lovely may show an A5 sheet of 3d printed skin that transforms to a fairer sheet on application of the product. https://www.qmed.com/news/loreal-wants-3-d-print-skin-test-its-products?cid=nl.qmed02.20150526
Researchers from EPFL's (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne) Integrated Systems Laboratory have joined forces with the organization’s Radio Frequency Integrated Circuit group in order to design a novel biosensor chip....
Hello , This is my first post, now I am working performance testing engineer past 3 years and now I am desired to resign my job and take a few...
Sony has come up with another flagship called Z3+, that was first launched as Sony Z4 in its native place Japan. Considering its specifications, the phone is an upgraded version...
The well-known semiconductors and electronics distributor, WPG has partnered with Intel and Microsoft in order to launch the new palm-sized PC called ‘NuPC’ in India. This ultra-compact PC will be...