OLO Is The World’s First Smartphone 3D Printer

OLO first came into limelight when they won the World Maker Faire Editor’s Choice Award. The aim of the OLO team is to develop something that can be used by anyone in the world. Now, again they have got the attention of the public because they have developed the world’s first ever smartphone 3D printer. All you need is a smartphone (which you probably already have) and the parts provided by OLO and you can 3D print anything you want.

OLO said that they have been working hard from past 2 years to develop a method to make an affordable 3D printer that can allow anyone to print in 3D. OLO 3D printer just costs $99. Currently, there are many 3D printers available but all of them are too costly to be afforded by a single individual, hence are generally bought by only organizations like hospitals, universities etc.

Olo_3D_printer

OLO is made up of just 7 plastic parts, one chip and one motor, that’s it. Besides these, all you need is your smartphone and you are good to go. OLO will introduce a new kind of material known as ‘daylight resins’. The reason for such a name is that the material hardens under the white light of a smartphone screen. Have a look at the video below to see how the white light will interact with the daylight resins to print the object of your choice.

The simplicity of the thing however doesn’t imply that it cannot be used for professional printing. Materials including hard, flexible, translucent and castable resins and the high accuracy allows OLO to be used for making any application. The good thing is that if some resin remains unused while printing a part can be reused the next time.

OLO’s app works on Android, iOS and Windows devices. Also it is the first 3D printer to introduce ‘OLO 3D Message’ through which creations can be shared with friends from the app itself. You can find more details about the product #-Link-Snipped-#.

What do you think about this new product? Please share your views with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : GYROSPRINKLER which is a evolution of sprinkler.With this we can reduce our major expenditure in irrigation system.It is based upon the principle of GYROSCOPIC PRECESSION....
Hi , I took up an QA internship at a startup couple of months ago. At the time of the interview the TL told me that i could get a...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT: Elite Portal is a Mobile Application It is a Application for a Institution or a University to help student to get information and resources...
Project Abstract / Summary : Our project "MICRORAPTOR" is a development of such vehicle that provides flexibility on land, water even in the air transportation. It is capable of moving...
Respected members, I m BE (Comp) pass out studentof 2013 but I never tried anywhere to apply for the job but now I want to do that. What should I...