Of water and other things

Fluid vs gases.

I find it interesting that engineers think in absolutes.
Now I understand why and support your reasoning of legality. You must conform to societies laws
and established equational laws.
The discussion of the pressure drop in a fluid with increased velocity. I have been pondering on
your perspectives. You all bantered around mans laws to describe what it was that was happening.

Even though those laws fit for the moment they are not absolute. Nor was the
question answered because man does not view nature in it's true light.
For instance:
You applied Bernoulli's law as the answer to why does the pressure drop.
That is a fixed law as in the ohms law of electricity. Even that is questionable.
The reality is and is proven in reality of Gods' laws of nature is that in fact fluids
are not a fixed static substance. And varies with all different types of substances
depending on their natural means of heat transfer and
heat retention and their personality under extreme forces.

Point in case. My boiler runs water at 180 degrees at a certain stolic pressure.
Now when that sealed system cools down to 50 degrees
the pressure drops. When the temperature is cold enough it hit a flash point
where the suspended air in the water separates due to it's shrinkage
and separates creating gurgling sounds like a river
flowing in the pipes. Now if I add heat and bring it back to a high
temp it reverses it's physical state and reabsorbs the air into it's mass and
settles back to it's original pressure/temperature state which does not include
superheating or desuperheating.

Now take refrigerants where we are constantly playing
with it's natural state unnaturally. A solid is not a solid and the beauty
of these substances is that they feather back and
forth between states and is never in a constant state of it's natural personality due to
superheating and subcooling..
Solid liquids shrink,, expand. flash to a gas,
Separate when certain mixed substances meet their natural state of affairs
creating a mixed state of liquid and gas.
Liquids will shift over time and resettle at a denser state, possible reflashing to
try and establish it's natural equilibrium of pressure/temperature.

Solid substances, no mater if a liquid or a solid expand
and contract and even do a bit more depending on other variables.
So life on the surface and to the relevance of most of your careers is
Bernouilli's law while to us remaining scientists it's not.
It depends on many variables of the relevance of it all.

The only known substance to expand when turning from a liquid to a solid is water.
Gods' man gift of life. Even with that, it can be played with.
Water does not exist naturally in a pure state. It can not.But we , man, can create and
maintain that natural pure H2O if we wish to. But then it would turn on us viciously.
We can do this because God made us masters of this realm.

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Don Ross, what is the point here?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Shashank Moghe
    Don Ross, what is the point here?
    It is a kind of Random Walk in Science.
    There is well known book by this title published in 1973. I read it then. It is a fascinating anthology of science. You can dip into it whenever you feel like and have the time.

There is an interesting thermodynamic proof that Heaven is hotter than Hell.

Available for free reading here from Google:
    A Random Walk in Science - Google Books
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-# , thank you for the link. Looks like a good read. Will read it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT CONVEYOR SYSTEMS: INTRODUCTION AND IMPACT: Conveyor systems are mainly used for transporting the product from one place to other place within an confined space...
Project Abstract / Summary : If someone opens shutters of the shops or the gates of cars than the air sensor will become active and the sensor will be connected...
Hello Friends After trying different idea over past 4 years , a1tolet, customer ratings and now my app https://app.facebook.com/ratemyfive, from which I had great hope, that this app will really...
With so many innovations exhibited in CES 2015, there were many product launches that failed to receive their fair share of spotlight. One such product was the HTC Desire 826....
After launching Xolo 8X-1020 earlier this month, the Indian mobile maker Xolo has launched another affordable smartphone named Xolo Q520s. The new Q-series Xolo smartphone comes with a metallic finish...