OCR in C# .net

I need to extract text from the image files.
I am developing in c#.net and i tried using MODI, but it stopped working when i
execute the code. Is there any free SDK for ocr in .net ? how to extract the text from image files in c#.net, please help
i downloaded ocrtools and used it, but it extracts only in the bitmap file format.
See the attachment

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Did you try #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vigneshvdm
    vigneshvdm
    Ya
    the screenshot is the output that i got by using ocrtools !
    its trial version doesnt give the output in text format 😔
  • vigneshvdm
    vigneshvdm
    Ya
    the screenshot is the output that i got by using ocrtools !
    its trial version doesnt give the output in text format 😔
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Okay...
  • mikelilin
    mikelilin
    do you try the tesseract #-Link-Snipped-# engine? it's an free open source library. and it has .net wrapper, you can use it to extract text from image.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am in final year of B.Tech, Comp Science. I'd like to know how to apply PhD programme at TIFR. TIA 😁
We invite software designers to join us and start influencing the environment by improving the efficiency of operations through profitable software development. We are offering positions as Motor Control Software...
I recently came across an innovative concept called "Rangsutra". What is Rangsutra? It is a business venture which aims to provide employment to millions of villiages. In India there are...
It's official! Amazon India has began its operation through acquisition of Junglee.com. Amazon is taking a different approach towards entering Indian ecommerce which is crowded with players and probably the...
Southampton 'Varsity uses motion captur technology to analyse how pianists weave their magic. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1011596.article?cmpid=TE01#Video