Obi Octopus S520 Smartphone Launched In India - All You Need To Know

When the news of Ex-Apple CEO John Sculley backing the home-grown company - Obi Mobiles came forth, it did turn a lot of eyes towards the new entrant in the Indian electronics segment. Passed around over at talks as his own brand in India, Obi Mobiles has another big name associated with it, with #-Link-Snipped-#'s former division head - Ajay Sharma, becoming their new CEO. Amidst a lot of expectations, the company has today launched its first smartphone in India titled 'Obi Octopus S520'. Let us do a brief overview of all the features on the tech specs sheet of the new Android phone in town.

Powered by a 1.7 GHz Octa Core MediaTek MT6592 processor, the Obi Octopus comes with a 5-inch HD IPS touch screen that has a resolution of 1280 X 720 pixel. With 8.4 mm thickness, the phone sports a pretty slim form factor and the aluminium back cover (as seen in the photos below) reminds us of the Samsung Galaxy S4 design. Built inside the device is a RAM of 1GB and 8GB internal memory which can be expanded up to 32 GB via Micro SD card slot. Coming to the connectivity options - all the basics seem to be in place with - Wi-Fi- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0 and 3.5 mm audio earphone jack.

S520-octopus-3
S520-octopus-1 S520-octopus-2 S520-octopus-4

The rear camera resolution is 8.0 megapixel and the snapper comes with features auch as - auto focus, 4x zoom and face detection. The front HDR camera sports 2.0 megapixel with flash support. Running on the slightly old - Android KitKat 4.4.2 operating system, the Obi Octopus feature two SIM card slots. The removable 1800 mAh Lithium Ion battery that comes with the package offers a standby time of up to 180 hours and up to 240 minutes of talktime.

Priced at Rs. 11,990 in India, the Obi Octopus S520 is now exclusively available at Snapdeal, the company's official online partner. Indian market is still abuzz with the Octa-core power and the strongest competitors among the Octa-core Android smartphones for Octopus in India are - Panasonic P51 Price In India Is INR 26,900 - Direct Competition With Nexus 4?, Gionee Elife E7 Mini Priced In India At Rs. 19,500 - Features 13 Megapixel Rotating Camera, Karbonn Unveils Titanium Hexa, Titanium Octane & Octane Plus Android KitKat Smartphones, Micromax Canvas Knight Launched With Octacore Processor and Intex Aqua Octa Features MediaTek MT6592 Octa Core Processor, Priced At Rs. 20,000 In India.

We would love to see how the youth responds to the newly introduced brand in India. It is interesting to note that Obi has set up 95 service centres across India for the after sales service of its Obi handsets. If customer service is something that the company hits the bull's eye with, a lot of consumers might be ready to give Obi a try. What are your thoughts on the new phone's specs, features and price in India? Share with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Its good to have good competitors so that we can.grab the best phone.With features like octo core, 1.7Ghz processor, front cam with flash, Obi seems to be a good debut model in India.

Lets wait to see the success of Obi.
  • Aditya Deshmukh
    Aditya Deshmukh
    Dual tone designs reminds me of iPhone 5...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Am I only one who is allergic to flat designs ? 👀
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Abhishek Rawal
    Am I only one who is allergic to flat designs ? 👀
    Probably Yes... 😁
    Meanwhile good to see that small manufacturer are ruling the octa-core processor market that too with low-medium budget range.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Every Body, I M Ananta Mohanty Civil ( Structural) Engineer from Odisha, India Performing Government Job Interested in magic and reading books other than engineering job.
Determination of Barrier Potential V0 in p-n junction Or Contact difference V0 in p-njunction Or Boltzmann Relationship (Asked many a times in exams) 1. Consider a p-type of semiconductors with...
Afolayan Oluwaseyi is my name. A computer engineering final year student in Nigeria. Nice being a member of this community.
How much placement possibility in the course of DIVESD (vlsi embedded system) at CDAC centres? Will all centre be eligible in pune placement drives? what is placement criteria i means...
is it possible to delete file that cant be recover by any recovery software?? i hear that when people sold their mobiles they reset factory setting,but till data can be...