NVIDIA TITAN X GPU Launched at $1200, Finally The Showstopper Is Here

Are you familiar with Coursera? If you are a MOOC fan, I bet you do. And if you do I am sure you know about its co-founder Andrew Ng, the “Machine Learning” expert and the hero of many people. Just like you and me, NVIDIA claims to be the greatest fan of his and to pay a lifetime tribute they have shown their latest innovation to the master of many knowledge-loving hearts. With this introduction, attention - ladies and gentlemen, NVIDIA, the most renowned graphics processing unit builder for gaming market has recently launched the ultimate Nvidia Titan X, inspired by the newly pronounced Pascal GPU architecture.

A side story would simply enlighten people why is it worth the time and money to wide your pupils? According to the NVIDIA’s official blog, Brian Kelleher, a top hardware engineer of NVIDIA had put a bet on creating a chip that could generate 10 teraflops of computing performance against Mr. CEO, Jen-Hsun Huang and guess what? Mr. Kelleher won the bet of a dollar. As a result of that, the biggest GPU ever built, that is weaved with an amazing figure of 3,584 CUDA cores (depending on the foundation of 12 billion transistors) has been unleashed to get caught by all the speed-lovers.

nvidia_titan_x_pascal_nvidia

Starting with the speed, the codename-less Nvidia Titan X can be charged to run at 1.53 GHz while it evolves a throughput of 11 Teraflops. Additionally, it boasts of 44 TOPS INT8, a record-breaking deep learning and energy efficient instruction. Plus, the company confirms that the newest GPU has been pushed to achieve 60% faster performance than its predecessor. The GeForce official site informs that the maximum power draw enabled through one 8-pin and one 6-pin PCIe connector is measured as 250 W while a recommended native system is preferred to release 600 W.

Having a height of 4.376” and a length of 10.5”, the 2-slot based GPU TITAN X sports an SLI HB bridge supporting technology to match the recent decision of not supporting 3-way and 4-way SLI technology. Talking geeky about its memory, the NVIDIA flagship card features a 12 GB GDDR5X memory configuration capable of delivering 10 Gbps speed, backed up by 384-bit wide bus, devising 480GBps of memory bandwidth.

Maintaining a top-notch futuristic technology specifications, it has superimposed the performance criteria over the GPU 1080 native multi-projection technology that renders multiple perspectives within a single geometry by only simultaneously projecting the frame to left and right, coupled with improved pixel shading performance, essential for the newest generation of virtual reality. Interfacing wise, the card supports, DP 1.4’, HDMI 2.0b, Dual Link-DV. As of now, the card can be easily ordered in exchange of $1,200 from nvidia.com in North America and Europe. Source wise, Asia will soon face its share.

Verdict: comparing with its older siblings, it has not grown much except the speed factor. However, still, it’s a little step in terms of the available technology. Everything else is fine, you can definitely count on the NVIDIA product but the $1200 will make it a tough scheme to be on the trend.

Watch Nvidia Titan X in action:

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google loon project, the initiative to spread the “internet” has already enlighten this year’s dawn. Now, Facebook, the contemporary community has charged their latest Aquila drone up to roam and...
Can anyone help me in developing software i want some suggestions and idea how it will work and how its GUI will look alike sharing of information will be highly...
how to represent nerve impulses with electronic circuits?
Zopo, the one year old globally registered Chinese consumer electronics company has certainly entered India with its sack of products including cheap, mid-range and high-priced mobiles tagged with some flamboyant...
My friend has completed his bachelor degree and he would like to do Master's in embedded. But he didn't complete gate, is there gate need to do Master's??