NVIDIA Quadro K6000 - World's Fastest GPU

Graphics enthusiasts, please say hello to the world's fastest GPU - the NVIDIA Quadro K6000. NVIDIA says that it's the most capable GPU they've ever built and it's 5x more powerful in computing performance and 2x the graphical capabilities of its younger brother Quadro 6000 GPU. The K6000 offers world's largest & fastest graphics memory - 12 GB GDDR5. The GPU is targeted as professional graphics/animation studios like Pixar and corporations like Nissan, Apache Corporation and Weather Channel's WSI division to take care of the visualisation & analysis of the workloads of mega size & scope.

NVIDIA-QUADRO-K6000

According to the blog post, Quadro K6000 GPU is based on NVIDIA's Kepler architecture - which the company claims as the fastest and the most efficient GPU architecture. The K6000 will allow animators and designers to model and render characters or scenes at unprecedented scale, complexity and richness.

The GPU has 2880 streaming multiprocessor (SMX) cores which allow faster delivery of graphics than any of the earlier generation of graphics processors. Needless to say, the GPU supports 4K resolution with DisplayPort 1.2. It's also capable of supporting up to four simultaneous displays.

We've no idea about the pricing at the time of writing this article.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Bomb! Strictly for professionals & animation studio artists.
    I am keen to look at performance benchmarking.
    2880 SMX cores ? You gotta be kidding me !
    I wonder how much power will this graphics card need to run smoothly ? 😨
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well Initially Cray 3 Super computer was considered Super genius But today it's performance is almost the same as that of a Puppy doll that flips about and barks once in a while

What looks demonic today will be worthless in 10 years time

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung electronics has officially announced that it's all set to mass produce the industry's first highest density mobile DRAM (3GB) with lower power double data rate 3 (aka LPDDR3). The...
Intex technologies has announced a range of LED TVs in India, with price ranging from Rs. 7499 to Rs. 12499. The three introductory models that have been launched are LE23HDR06-VT13...
CAT - one of the most important MBA entrance exams in India is also the most difficult to crack. Let's start collecting Android or iOS apps that the students can...
I know the basic difference, I want to know where, when & under which condition partial differentiation is used 7 under which condition differentiation is used ? What is the...
I'm already fed up of reading the rumors about the new, cheaper iPhone being developed by Apple. It's just a matter of few weeks (I guess) that Apple will launch...