Now Watch 360 Degree Videos On YouTube - Support Announced

Video-sharing giant YouTube has brought virtual reality now to actual reality. Although not as quite as effective, but YouTube has brought what it had promised back in January. YouTube has introduced the ability to upload and view 360 degree angle videos on their website naturally with the intent to keep up with the technology and attracting a larger audience. If you’d look at the video below, you will realize that YouTube has done a great job especially because the videos look great without the use of a virtual reality headset.

YouTube_360_degree

The support to 360 degree views is currently available on YouTube’s Android app and on Google Chrome on the web. On the phone/tablet via the app, the user can change the angles of the video by changing the orientation of the device. On Chrome, the angle can be changed in a traditional Google Map style arrow buttons available on the video.

The good news is that it isn’t necessary to visit the YouTube website every time you wish to see 360-degree video. The same functionality is available also on embedded videos. The bad news is, currently there is no 360 degree support for iPad and iPhone users. However, YouTube has assured that they are working on the same and support will be available soon.

If you wish to create and upload 360 degree videos, then currently the process is a bit hassling. You need a 360 degree camera for it. Taking a video from different angles, compiling it and trying to upload won’t work. Only 5 or 6 types of cameras are compatible with YouTube a few of which are Kodak’s SP360 and RICOH THETA. After the video is set up, on the video file, you need to run a #-Link-Snipped-# provided by YouTube in order to insert metadata into the video. This metadata will help YouTube to recognize it as 360 degree video and process it accordingly. Obviously, this doesn’t sound very easy to do and it isn’t. YouTube is aware of it and they said that they are currently working to automate the process.

YouTube’s Creator Tech Team is hosting technology showcase starting now and lasting for the entire month of April in YouTube Space L.A. YouTube said that the 360 degree cameras will available here and the audience are welcome to come and learn to use them with the help of their support staff.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# | Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vinothkrish
    vinothkrish
    be multi dimensional

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Among the many products in the portfolio of Intex Technologies' televisions now stands a new 32-inch LED TV with HD resolution (1366 X 768 pixel). The 80 cm television comes...
Hi all, I recently got my new job where for the first 3 months I have been working as a intern under Software developer.But,due to my low performance because of...
March 03 is famous for two things- Albert Einstein's birthday and it's also Pi day. Wishing a very Happy Pi Day to all! This year's pi day can be represented...
hello everyone... can any one plz tell me how to choose any company or any institute for vocational training...or it will be pleasure if anyone suggest any instituteor company
Hi, Are there builders/contractors who can build a house using gypsum board in Bangalore? Regards SJP1234