Now Use SanDisk Pen Drive Without Connecting It To The Device

When it comes to pen drives, traditionally, Sandisk is a brand that we all trust. But, the manner in which today’s market and the demands of the people are growing, it is very important to bring out new products to keep the customers interested. Sandisk realizes this completely and hence they have now come out with a wireless pen drive.

The pen drive is wireless in a sense that you don’t need to physically connect it to a device to use it. All the things that you do using a normal pen drive, such as transferring or accessing files/photos/videos is possible if the pen drive is just in the vicinity of your device. The stick has rechargeable batteries which you need to charge from time to time. You can play about 4.5 hours of content present in the pen drive on your device (PC or tablet) in a single charge. The recharging is done by physically connecting the pen drive to the computer’s USB port.

sandisk_wireless_connect

A transfer can be facilitated between any two devices like an Android and an iOS device, a PC and a MAC, a tablet and a PC etc. Gone are the days when you had to connect the pen drive to one device and transfer data from it, disconnect the pen drive and then connect to other device to transfer data into it. The pen drive can connect to a maximum of 8 devices at a time.

The pen drive has a maximum range of 150 feet, which seems more than enough for usage in homes or in offices. The company said that the drive will come with a 2 year warranty. Naturally, all the convenience will come at a cost. It will be available soon on Amazon India website with the 16GB model costing Rs 5,274 and 32GB model costing Rs 5,536. Eventually, the device will be launched on Flipkart too.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Although it sounds interesting, it is unclear what kind of wireless connection would facilitate access to the device and data transfer. Would it be WiFi or Bluetooth or something else. Or did I miss something!
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    #-Link-Snipped-# Its my bad that I didn't mention it in the article. The pen drive will have an inbuilt app called "SanDisk Connect" which is what will allow the sharing between devices through a Wi-Fi network.
  • aarzoo gaba
    aarzoo gaba
    Sounds interesting sir great job .How connection would be facilitated between the devices? And is there any sensor or indication that connection has been made between the devices ?
  • Jason Estibeiro
    Jason Estibeiro
    #-Link-Snipped-# As I mentioned in the above comment, the connection will be facilitated through an inbuilt app using the Wi-Fi Network.
    About the sensor or indication of connection, I am unaware about those, but I will let you know as soon as I find out.
  • Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Sharfudeen Mohamed Ibrahim
    Unfortunately, i cannot use this type of pendrive when my PC was already connected with wi-fi.
    OR
    May be this type of pendrive will work based on wireless mouse? like need to plug a small USB like device?
  • aarzoo gaba
    aarzoo gaba
    Also if at a same time some other user is using the same pen drive then is there any security for data transfer?? Or both can share ?? If there will be security then how ??_specified name of a pen drive or password ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The HP printer that we use at CrazyEngineers is now due for an upgrade and we are looking to replace it with a Wi-Fi enabled multifunction. While researching for the...
NASA, in association with Harmonic - a global leader in video delivery infrastructure, has announced the launch of NASA TV UHD. The new non-commercial channel will deliver linear 2160p60 (that...
Everyone who designs a website and/or has printed merchandise for college or personal business has had to design graphics and the usual question that designers ask is which format do...
CrazyEngineers has been Asia's biggest engineering community for many years. With engineers from over 180 countries visiting the website regularly everyday in thousands of numbers, we take pride in celebrating...
Snapdeal will now issue refunds in just 60 minutes! What typically takes about 7 to 10 business days has now been shortened to just an hour by Snapdeal. Snapdeal, a...