Not satisfied with current job - what to do?

Hello everyone,
i have bad academics in diploma and engineering. i have 2 year drop in degree+diploma academic.
i recently got a job but i am not paid for my work means it is training period. i know that i am fighting this batlle with less marks in hand. but i can not live like this.
but i found that company environment is terrible and boring.πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
i am not getting any kind of satisfaction there.
i hoped that my total life will get changed once i got the hob but now i am seriously want to leave that job. company hoping that once training is over i will easily able to do automation testing.πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
but i already heard that automation testing is not easy oneπŸ˜”πŸ˜”
i am not getting some concept in training and i am totally sick of this company πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”πŸ˜”
please guide me.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello #-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers. I just moved your post to Jobs section.

Coming to your question, from what you've posted here's the scenario -

1. Not great grades to bank on.

Though marks are not much of a factor, they sure do come handy while applying for job as a fresher. The only thing that can cover up for poor/average grades are technical skills. Even if you master one technical skill, that would be the highlight of your resume.

2. Still in training period
    Assuming that you are still only a few months old in the company, isn't it too early to say that you hate the job without really seeing what prospects it holds?

3. Assumptions & Prejudice
    We all have some kind of picture in our mind about life @ work/job. Most seniors would tell you that the picture they had in mind is completely different from what the real situation is. It is ok to be surprised by the fact that your expectations didn't get fulfilled at your current job, but that shouldn't deter you from take it as a challenge and making most of it. (Especially when you have no other skill to follow).

4. Leaving something because it's tough
    You have written that automation testing might not be easy. Well, let me tell you that no matter what field of job you choose, it's always going to be super difficult at first. That's never a reason to stop doing it. If the resources available at the training are not enough, you could use the Internet, books & tons of other material to become really good at automation testing. You could start new discussion & ask queries on CrazyEngineers to solve yours doubts.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd not quit the current job without getting some experience. You're an 'insider' now and it'd be foolish to become an outsider if you are not confident of getting a job based on your marks and skills.

Divert your attention to something else - something that will help you advance your career and build some experience on your resume.
  • Deadman
    Deadman
    I am in the exact situation as you the difference being that i am from mechanical branch. 4 month as a trainee i dont have any work to do and just spend my day almost doing nothing. This is making me frustrated and i am not willing to continue further after training period unless i get in design field.
    Also this is like a wake up call to me that i should study further mostly m.s.
    Can u provide some website where i can get information regarding abroad studies.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    First.. Never ever listen to this,
    siddheshnisal
    i already heard that automation testing is not easy one
    Are you afraid of complex work? because, In general that's what satisfies you.
    2. Most of people hate their job. Better to accept the challenge and work. If you are not happy with the current job search for another one. Also, learn new skill/get training for your desired job.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at University of California, Riverside have developed and demonstrated a new rewritable paper that uses ultraviolet light to print text which can be later erased by heat to make...
Knowingly or not, you have contributed to digitizing books, build machine learning datasets, improving Google Maps and whatnot. Courtesy: the CAPTCHA project. The wobbly, distorted text that you had to...
Frank Swain, a science writer and sound artist Daniel Jones have made it possible for people to listen Wi-Fi signals. They have managed to hack Bluetooth hearing aids to monitor...
Looks like many of you have questions/curiosity/valid concerns and suggestions about my entry in Engineering for Change contest in this Post: https://www.crazyengineers.com/threa...dia-project-report-contest.77548/#post-332229 I will try to answer the queries here....
Hi, I am trying to find out the sentiment score for a .csv file which is already existing in my system. I surfed in the internet and all I could...