Not getting enough help

Am I the only one here who isn't getting proper response ?
Posted 2 discussion about my project idea on Augmented Reality, in one I was told the project was impossible. Ans in second I was asked to explain my idea, did that and after that there was no response....
Is my idea not good enough or I m just being ignored ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think you did get a proper response, multiple times. The problem, I believe is that you are looking for someone to hand-hold you and do majority of work while you learn. That's not the main purpose of discussions. Let's take this example: -

Marker-less Augmented Reality

Then look at the responses you received. You were asked to provide us with work you've done so far. You responded with -

Axel
    I need a lead towards this project, like 'How to start', 'Pre-requisites', 'Programming needs' etc.
    Typically a guide of the whole project..
    While we tend to offer help, no one here can commit to be your guide for the whole project. Our moderator #-Link-Snipped-# responded with specific questions by asking you to share the details of your work. To which you responded with -

In my research so far, I've come across a way to display the objects on the screen of a mobile camera and interact it with fingertips but I want to project those objects in the real space via a 3d projector or so.

Other thing I have come across is the IVO (interactive virtual objects) engine powered by Sugars, but I couldn't do anything on it or about it.
    So you basically got the idea by searching on the web and are now looking for someone to help you do entire project; without you taking the initiative to work on it.

That is *not* the right way to approach any project.

You must do the following -
    • Find out as much information about the subject as you can.
    • Make a list of features you wish to have on your project.
    • Then make another list of features that you think you can include in your project (implement).
    • Search like mad on the Internet for the tools / software / technologies that will be required to implement those features.
    • Ask very specific questions about things that you find difficult or get stuck at.
    As Shashank mentioned, your project is quite ambitious and you haven't put in any effort to make progress. No one here can teach you how to search on Google - it's something you'll have to learn on your own.

I hope this will help.

PS: Starting multiple discussions on the same topic is a sure-shot way to get ignored or getting threads deleted. When fellow engineers have asked you to do homework; you ought to do it if you need help from them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Oppo has announced yet another feature-packed entry-level smartphone - Oppo A37. The Chinese company has priced the phone at CNY 1,299 (that's roughly Rs 13,000). The astonishing fact about the...
In a bid to secure its share in the projected $36bn HPC (High Performance Computing) market, Dell has launched a series of HPC solutions built with cloud technology aimed at...
Ever since Microsoft launched its successor for Internet Explorer, it has left no stone unturned to win back users, which seemed to be magnetized by Google Chrome. From speed tests...
hello sir my name is Dinesh i studied b.tech in mechanical i passe out in 2013 after am took coaching for government job but i did not crack the exam.In...
Almost on daily basis, we get queries about people asking for right course to join with an aim to get a job or get promotion etc. I've often wondered if...