Nokia Treasure Tag Helps You Keep An Eye On Your Valuables

For all those who find it difficult to keep track of their valuables, Nokia has launched a new accessory for its Lumia range of smartphones which make sure that the valuables are always monitored. Nokia Treasure Tag can be put on any item thanks to its tiny size. The coloured tags measure 30 x 30 x 10 mm and weigh just 13 grams. The Treasure tags can be paired with smartphones using NFC or Bluetooth. The companion Nokia Treasure Tag app is currently available only for Windows Phone devices but the company has stated in the press release that third party apps will soon be launched for iOS and Android devices. Once you have attached the tags to the valuables of your choice and paired them with your smartphone you can assign ready-made icons for every tag on the app. There is also an option that lets you use take the photograph of the tagged object and use them as icons on the app. For easy accessibility, users can also place the tags as a Live Tile on the Windows Phone Start screen. These live tiles will give you updates regarding the location of the tagged item.

Nokia-Treasure-Tag-WS-2-2

The tags have been programmed to emit a loud tone when they are out of range of the smartphone. For example you are heading out of your house and forgotten to take your tagged wallet with you, the tag attached to the wallet will send out an audible alert. This also works vice-versa, for instance of you have taken a tagged item out of your house and forgotten to take your smartphone with you, the smartphone will emit a loud alert. If for some reason you have not heard the beep and managed to lose your tagged item, you can easily locate its location on the HERE Maps app on the smartphone. The companion app can also be used to trigger the alert if you are unable to find the tagged item. This will definitely help many people like me who often misplace their TV remote controls. If you have attached a Nokia Treasure tag to your remote control you can now use your smartphone to locate it. A maximum of four tags can be paired with a single smartphone. Nokia Treasure tags are powered by user replaceable non rechargeable 3-volt CR 2013 (5004LC) 220mAh alkaline batteries that are claimed to last for 180 days on standby. #-Link-Snipped-# will be available globally in cyan, yellow, white and black colour variants starting from April 2014 for a retail price of 29.90 USD which is approximately 1,860 Indian rupees.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Youth of world is addicted to two social media applications from two big companies; Oops ! Let me correct that, Quite possible from now onwards they will be addicted...
i am a 4rth year electronics and instrumentation engineering student , plz suggest me some paoject topics on temperature and level control without using microcontroller
I am not in demand of anything but lastly i read a post and intutively thought of posting "hahahaha" in reply to that . But suddenly i thought that i've...
To find the minutest detail behind numerical data - structured and unstructured - founder Dr. Dorian Selz started Squirro along with co-founders Toni Birrer, Patrice Neff and Felix Hurlimann in...
Acer has announced the mid-range Liquid E3 and the entry-level Liquid Z4 smartphones. Both the smartphones will premiere at the MWC in Barcelona. Acer Liquid E3: This one comes with...