Nokia Releases Android Z Launcher For A More Relevant Home Screen

Nokia has released a pre-beta version of its new app, #-Link-Snipped-#, that customizes your home screen by continuously learning your usage patterns and bringing to surface the apps that you are most likely to need. Suffice to say, the more you use the app, the more accurate it would become at making those predictions. The apps that make it to your home screen are parameterized by a number of attributes including what time of the day it is and how frequently they have been used. The usage data stays on device and is private.

nokia_z_launcher

The intent is to save you time and is complemented by a sidekick-feature 'Scribble'. For the apps that aren't on your home screen, you could just scribe the first letter of what you're searching for and there you have it, right on your screen, without having to sweat through innumerous swipes. So, if you're searching for 'feedly' on your phone, you first draw 'f' and then 'e'. Folks at 'The Nokia team Microsoft didn’t buy has made an Android launcher - The Verge' found that Scribble starts to falter when fed with three or more letters, but it's more likely than not that two letters would be enough to produce the desired list on your screen, especially once the app is fine-tuned to your eccentricities.

The Z Launcher pre-beta is configured to work with Samsung Galaxy Devices and the Nexus 5.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ankit Litoriya
    Ankit Litoriya
    I already have installed this launcher yesterday , but it is not working properly wheneva I go to click his icon phone hangs and return with a message showing Coudnt respond z launcher crasses .. with an option of wait and close thi application ... how to use this launcher ???
  • RVignesh
    RVignesh
    Is this app available for Lumia phones ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Taiwanese hardware major Asus had announced the ZenFone series of smartphones at the CES 2014 event earlier this year. Keeping up to its promise, the ZenFone 4, ZenFone 5 and...
i completed my Btech in Mechanical stream..with respect to placements which is best NDT training or Piping designing....and also if u know please suggest me the best training instituition for...
Hi there Suppose a person is having a bank account as a minor, under a guardian, now suppose the person turns more than 18, but he want to close his...
Indian Government within 100 days plans to float policy that establishes broadband connectivity as a basic fundamental right like education and health. The policy lists several affordable options in which...
How can you get ten horses into nine stables, one per stable? This is not some mathematical stuff, just think out of the box. Think laterally and have fun